Chapter 6

Thalia was dressed in a chef's coat, serving the food she had prepared this morning. In the dining room, Zelda, Rowan, and King Rhoam were sitting at the table, being served one by one.

Since Thalia has been under apprenticeship, she has only been practicing how to cook. This was the first day where she prepared the breakfast, feeling excited yet nervous. She hoped that they would like the food.

King Rhoam nodded with satisfaction. "This is very well made. Well done, Thalia."

Thalia smiled brightly, bowing her head. "Thank you, your majesty!"

"This is one of the best dishes I've ever had! You outdid yourself, Thalia!" Zelda commented.

"Thank you, Zelda!"

Last but not least, Rowan commented on her food. "I can tell you put in a lot of effort into this." He gave her a satisfied smile. "I like it."

Thalia felt so happy that her food was a success. "Thank you, Rowan." The head chef who was next to her, gestured her to go back into the kitchen. "Yes, chef." She bowed her head to the royals who were eating as she headed back to the kitchen.

A little later, Thalia came out of the kitchen, holding a plate of food in her hands. She was looking left and right, trying to find a certain knight. "I'm over here."

Thalia followed the voice as she turned towards the corner in the hallway, seeing Link leaning his back against the wall. "Oh, there you are, Link." She handed him the plate of food.

Link took the plate of food from her. "Thanks a lot." He started to eat the food, his eyes sparkling. "Whoa! This is really good."

Thalia nodded with a smile. "That's the same meal I served to King Rhoam, Zelda, and Rowan. They liked it a lot too!"

Link was already done as he handed her back an empty plate. "That sure hit the spot!" He paused and looked at her from head to toe. "Now... Change out of that chef's coat, and meet me at the sparring spot in 15 minutes!"

"Yes, sir! Link, sir!" The two of them began laughing their heads off, trying to impersonate the grown up knights.

Outside of the castle, Link and Thalia were sparring with the wooden swords. Thalia ducked under Link's attack as she lunged towards him, managing to hit his chest.

Link was tumbling over, regaining his balance. Panting hard, he looked at Thalia with amazement. "You're getting good at this. We're going to spar with real swords if you keep this up."

Thalia felt fear in her heart, feeling like she wasn't quite ready to handle a real sword anytime soon. "I don't think I'll be ready..."

"Why do you say that?"

"I'm afraid to get hurt by it..."

Link let out a sigh. "Did you think you would be fighting with a wooden sword all your life?"

Thalia looked down at the ground. "No..." She let out a sigh. "You're right. I should practice with a real sword soon."

Link smiled brightly as he let out a laugh. "There's nothing to be afraid of! You've been practicing a lot, so practicing with a real sword will be a piece of cake! You'll see!"

"I'll try my best..." Though Thalia was afraid to wield a real blade, she had to conquer that fear to protect herself, and the ones she cares about.

"Do you want to do another round or do you want to call it a day?"

Thalia looked up at Link, determination in her eyes. "Let's spar again!"