Chapter 5

Link and Thalia were sword training near the castle corridors. Thalia managed to block some of Link's attacks as he struck the wooden sword at her. Blocking the attack, Thalia used her strength to push Link back.

Link's eyes widen, feeling himself stepping backwards. "You're getting good at this."

Thalia smiled. "It's because I have a great teacher."

As they were training, Link managed to push Thalia back, making her fall on her rear. Feeling a slight pain, Thalia winced and rubbed the bottom of her back. Seeing Link offering his hand, she grabbed his hand as he helped pull her back up. "I think that's enough training for today."

Thalia nodded. "Alright. I should take a shower after this."

Link laughed. "Yeah, all these training sessions make you sweaty." He paused for a moment. "I can tell you're improving. Keep at it, and you might just be as good as me."

Thalia shook her head. "I doubt I can ever reach your level, Link. Even with all the training in the world."

"But you're learning from me. So you might catch up."

"You flatter me." Thalia paused for a moment. "I guess I'm dismissed now, right?"

Link nodded. "Yeah! Go and take your shower!"

Thalia let out a laugh. "Right! I'll see you later, Link!"

Leaving Link to train on his own, Thalia came out of her room with a towel and extra clothes. Walking down the hallway, she was going to a nearby bathroom to take a shower.

On her way there, she saw Ganondorf heading her way. Thalia's heart was pounding from fear, feeling like she wasn't going to be able to avoid this man.

Thalia averted her gaze from Ganondorf, walking straight passed him. Her heart was pounding faster. She just wanted to make it to the bathroom without any conflict. "Hey you, girl."

Thalia stopped and slowly turned around, trying to not let fear show on her face. "Y-Yes..?"

Ganondorf let out a low chuckle as he smirked. "Let me give you some advice. Someone in your class shouldn't be friends with royalty. I would stop talking with the princess if I were you."

Thalia grunted at Ganondorf's unbelievable words. "But why? It doesn't matter what class you are."

Ganondorf breathed through his nose, seeming like he was impressed. "You're wise for a little girl. But I would watch what you say. You're just a stray peasant. Don't think you have any kind of power here just because the king and princess has taken you into their home."

Ganondorf started walking towards her, making Thalia's adrenaline rush. She was slowly backing away, feeling herself tremble in fear. When she thought all hope was lost, someone appeared in front of her.

Their arm was in front of her, almost like they were protecting her from Ganondorf. Thalia looked up, seeing that it was Rowan. Her eyes wavered at the sight of the duke. "Duke Rowan..."

Rowan didn't meet her gaze as his stare was on Ganondorf. "This young lady was minding her own business. I think it's best not to bother a lady, right Ganondorf?"

Ganondorf was visibly frowning. The next minute, he let out a smirk. "My apologies, Duke Rowan. How terribly rude of me."

Rowan squinted his eyes at Ganondorf. "Don't you have some business to attend to?"

Ganondorf averted his gaze, seeming like he was annoyed. "Why yes. Thank you for reminding me. I shall be in my way." He turned around, walking away until he was out of sight.