Chapter 9

Zelda was preparing herself to pray to Hylia to give her strength for her power. She wanted to stop the blood moon that keeps appearing occasionally, and wanted the answers to know why it happens.

Letting out a sigh, Zelda heard a knock on her bedroom door. "Come in."

The door opened, revealing it to be Thalia. There was a little food cart next to her, pushing it into the room. "Good morning, Zelda. I made your breakfast this morning."

Zelda smiled brightly. "That's wonderful! Thank you so much, Thalia!"

"It's no problem. Well... I better get back to the kitchen. Enjoy your meal."

As soon as Thalia turned around, Zelda reached out her hand. "Wait, please." Thalia stopped and turned back around, looking at Zelda. "Can you spare a little time?"

Thalia gave her a smile. "Of course. I always have time for my friends. What do you need, Zelda?"

Zelda gestured Thalia over to the couches, both sitting across from each other. Thalia was looking straight at Zelda, waiting for her to talk about what was on her mind.

Zelda let out a sigh. "To be honest... I feel like I'm not fit to lead the champions... Or even the people for that matter."

Thalia had a feeling Zelda was feeling like this. It was understandable since it was a lot of pressure. She held many lives in her hands.

Thalia wasn't sure what to say to not have it sound insensitive. "Zelda..." She paused. "I can't understand what you're going through. I couldn't imagine what it's like, having all that pressure on you." She paused again, wanting to get to the point. "But... You know you have people that are willing to help you."

Zelda looked at her with sad eyes. "Who if I may ask?"

Thalia gave her a smile. "You have me, Link, Rowan... The champions seem like nice people, so I'm sure they'll be willing to help you out."

Zelda softly smiled back. "You're right. I'm not alone in this." She paused as her smile grew bigger. "Thank you for your kind words, Thalia. You're such a good friend to me."

"It's no problem. I'm willing to talk with you anytime." Clenching her hands together, Thalia let out a sigh. "Like you said... You're not alone in this. Please don't be afraid to ask for help. You may be a princess, but you're a person with feelings as well. Even you have your limits."

Zelda sighed through her nose. "May I share this with you? No one else knows about this. Not even Link or my father."

Thalia nodded. "Of course. You can tell me anything."

Zelda squeezed her hands together. "I'm supposed to have this power similar to Hylia's. But I could never get it to work no matter how hard I try. I can only activate it for a little bit, but it goes away in a second. What if I can never truly activate this power to its full potential?"

Thalia was no expert in that field, but she was thinking of a way to try to encourage Zelda. "One day, you will be able to activate that power. I can understand that it's frustrating that it's not reaching its full potential yet, but..." She paused for a moment as a smile appeared on her smile. "I believe that you will be able to do it. Just give it time."

"You're too kind, Thalia." Thalia got up from the couch, giving Zelda a reassuring hug.

The two embraced one another as Thalia patted her back. "It will be ok."

"Thank you..."

The two friends were sitting on the couch, smiling at one another. Thalia let out a happy sigh and closed her eyes. "It's been a while since we were able to talk like this. It feels like old times."