Chapter 23

Getting on their horses, the three were headed east at their last destination. They felt like gathering the champions, Impa, and Lady Shizuka would help locate Zelda by today. They hoped it would be the case since it would be before the blood moon, giving them time to stop Ganondorf.

Riding the horses for a while, they had the horses stop, seeing that they were in front of a great body of water. Getting off of the horses, the three were looking beyond the water, assuming that Uratori Village was just across from there.

Link was looking around with his eyes. "I hope we can find a raft. I don't want to swim all the way there."

Rowan nodded. "Yeah. It's at least 5 miles of swimming if we ended up having to swim. We would be exhausted."

"Guys, looking for this?" The two turned around, seeing Thalia pull out a wooden raft from underneath big tree leaves.

Link nodded in impressment. "You're a life saver! We don't have to swim!"

Rowan smiled proudly. "My girlfriend is amazing."

Thalia blushed from their compliments. "Awww stop! You two flatter me!" She pulled the raft towards the water, having it float.

Link was the first to get in, grabbing the oars that was laying in the inside of the raft. Rowan got on afterwards, reaching his hand out towards Thalia. Thalia grabbed his hand, helping her get on the raft.

Link handed Rowan the other oar. "Help me steer, will you?"

"Of course." Rowan turned towards Thalia with a smile. "You may relax for now. Let Link and I do the rowing."

Thalia smiled back. "Alright, if you insist." She sat down on a piece of built in wood. Link and Rowan starting rowing at the same time, going straight ahead.

Thalia was looking around with her eyes, her expression was amazed. The water was sparkling since the sun was reflecting on it. There were lotuses and lily pads near the edges of the water, making the scenery look absolutely breathtaking.

Thalia smiled at the sight, letting out a happy sigh. "It's so beautiful here."

"Indeed it is." Rowan answered. "But do you know what else is beautiful?"

A teasing smirk appeared on Thalia's face. "You?"

A blush appeared on Rowan's face, quickly turning away. "I was going to say you are. I can't believe you let it backfire..." Thalia started to laugh, successfully making Rowan blush.

Link raised his eyebrows while looking up. "Don't you two ever stop?"

Thalia giggled. "I apologize that Rowan and I have our moments even though we said we wouldn't do it in front of you."

"I mean... I don't mind it since you two are a couple now, but I just feel a bit awkward since I'm a third wheel."

"I understand... I'm sorry what we do makes you feel awkward."

"Don't be sorry. I honestly think you two are a cute couple. Zelda will be thrilled to hear the news that you two are together."

"I know she will! And Rowan and I will be happy for you when you and Zelda get together!"

A blush appeared on Link's face. "Are you sure Rowan would really be happy with that?"

Rowan was smiling while glaring. "Just remember what I said before so you don't end up in the infirmary."

Link let out a sigh through his nose. "I've been Zelda's knight ever since we were kids. I would never in a million years hurt her. I'll always catch her when she falls. Once we save her, I swear that I will never let her go."