Chapter 8

Link was walking beside Zelda who was holding something with the Sheikah symbol on it. She was looking at it while walking, trying to figure out how everything works on it.

Link looked intrigued at the device Zelda was holding. "What is that thing?"

"This? This is called the Sheikah Slate. Impa delivered it to me from her sister, Purah. It's supposed to mark every landscape I've been to. And plus, it has some other features."

"That scientist lady? She's ahead of our time that's for sure."

"Indeed she is. Impa said she will return shortly to the castle. She says that she will be bringing a special guest."

"Do you know who this special guest is?"

"Not a clue. The only thing Impa has said is that this guest is very important."

"It also sounds like Impa is buddy-buddy with this special guest."

Zelda giggled. "I assume so." Up ahead, she saw that her cousin was walking towards her, his hands in his pants pocket. "Good afternoon, Rowan."

Rowan gave her a smile. "Good afternoon, Zelda." His eyes averted to the Sheikah Slate. "What is that thing?"

"It's called the Sheikah Slate."

Link jumped in. "Basically it's a digital map of Hyrule. Plus it has other features she quotes."

Rowan looked intrigued, placing his hand on his chin. "Interesting... May I have a look?"

"Of course." Zelda handed Rowan the Sheikah Slate.

Rowan was pressing random things on the Sheikah Slate, trying to figure out how it works. He slightly jumped back as he saw himself in the Sheikah Slate. "I may have found one of its features."

Link and Zelda went behind him, seeing themselves in the Sheikah Slate as well. Link's eyes sparkled at the sight. "This thing has a camera?! That's so cool!"

Zelda smiled. "We should take a picture."

Rowan nodded. "Right. I think this is the button to take the picture. Are you ready?"

Zelda was thinking to herself. "Wait... I would like Thalia to be in the picture as well."

Link's expression looked like he had realized something. "Speaking of her... Where is she?"

"Thalia is preparing a dish for the special guest that Lady Impa is bringing." Rowan answered.

"Well... Maybe we can take this picture when Thalia is done cooking. Do you both agree?"

At the same time, Zelda and Rowan nodded. Rowan handed Zelda back the Sheikah Slate. "Here you are."

"Thank you, Rowan." Zelda put the Sheikah Slate away. Soon after, the three were walking down the long hallway together.

In the kitchen, it seemed like Thalia was finishing the dish for the special guest, putting a dish preserver over the food. Wiping the sweat from her forehead, Thalia felt accomplished about her dish.

Stepping out of the kitchen, Thalia saw her three friends walking towards her. A smile appeared on her face as she started waving. "Hey guys!"

That caught the three's attention, only Link was the one who waved back. "Hey Thalia! We have a favor to ask!"

Thalia walked over towards them, a confused look on her face. "What's the favor?"

Zelda pulled out the Sheikah Slate. "We were hoping to take a picture with you."