Chapter 10

The sun was starting to set, making the castle grounds look orange. Inside of the castle, Thalia was in the kitchen, preparing dinner for the royals since it was close to dinner time. Thalia was stirring something inside of a bowl, soon after pouring it into the sizzling pan.

The huge kitchen doors opened widely, shocking the other cooks. Thalia turned towards the doors to see Rowan with worry on his face.

Looking around the kitchen, Rowan spotted Thalia as he made his way over to her. "You need to come with me right now."

"But I'm in the middle of cooking..."

Rowan shook his head, grabbing her arm firmly. "My apologies for interrupting your cooking, but it's an emergency. There's no time to explain." Rowan managed to drag Thalia out of the kitchen as the other chefs were staring at them in awe. They were wondering what was going on, but the head chef made them go back to work.

Rowan was having Thalia walk down the hallway with him, still holding her arm. Thalia winced in pain as she got a hold of Rowan's hand that was holding her arm. "Rowan... You're hurting me..."

Rowan noticed that he was holding onto her arm a little too tightly, releasing his grip. "I'm so sorry, Thalia... I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm just on edge right now..."

Thalia rubbed her arm in pain. "It's fine, but what's going on? Can you please tell me?"

Rowan let out a sigh as he closed his eyes. "Link was the only one who returned."

Thalia put her hands on her mouth, letting out a gasp. "What about Zelda..?"

Rowan shook his head and shrugged. "I don't know. When I first saw Link entering the castle, my mind thought of the worse. I made him go to King Rhoam, and that's when I was rushing to find you."

"Oh no... Please don't tell me that..."

Rowan let out a sigh through his nose. "Link will tell us everything. He looked like he was in pretty bad shape too."

Thalia's eyes wavered as she was trying to keep it together. She was worried about her friend who was injured, and her friend that has gone missing.

Arriving where the king was, Link was standing in front of King Rhoam. Rowan and Thalia entered the room, stopping next to Link. Thalia saw that Link was close to the verge of tears as if one little thing could set him off.

The king had worry in his eyes as he let out a sigh. "Link, please tell me where my daughter is. What happened?"

Link swallowed, his eyes were hollow. He looked up at the king, meeting his gaze. "Zelda... She... She got kidnapped by Ganondorf..."

At the same time, Thalia and Rowan grunted as the king's face was in utter shock. His eyes were widen, not believing the news. "My advisor kidnapped my daughter?!"

Link nodded. "Yes, your majesty. While Zelda was praying to Hylia, a Yiga Clan member held me back, preventing me to protect Zelda. Ganondorf appeared, claiming that he will take Zelda. I don't know what happened afterwards since the Yiga Clan member knocked me out. I don't know where he has taken her..." He felt his throat closing up, his eyes wavering, looking like he was about to cry. "It's my fault... I couldn't stop him... I'm so sorry..."

Link hung his head down, letting out a quiet sob. Thalia looked at him with worry, placing a hand on his back. "It's not your fault, Link. Please don't blame yourself..."

Link gritted his teeth, snapping out of anger. "I'm the Hylian Champion for crying out loud! One of my main priorities is to protect the princess! How can I call myself the Hylian Champion when I let Zelda get kidnapped under my watch?!"

Thalia gulped, feeling horrible that Link was blaming himself. "Link... Listen to me." She paused for a moment, trying to think of the right words to say. "You're not just the Hylian Champion, you're THE Hylian Champion. You earned that title for your bravery and courage. That sword at your side proves it."

The purple sword, well known as the Master Sword, was resting on Link's back inside the sheath. Link let out a sigh, feeling frustrated at himself. "I just can't believe Ganondorf did such a thing. And to make it worse, he's working for the Yiga Clan."

"More like the Yiga Clan is working for him." Rowan stepped in. "You did say that a Yiga Clan member held you back while Ganondorf was trying to get Zelda. That means he was the one behind all of this. He intended this from the very beginning."

King Rhoam let out a sigh, feeling guilty since it felt like he played a part in all of this. "How could I have been so blind..? I was ignorant... Letting that man near my daughter all of these years..." He let out another sigh, turning towards the three. "I'm terribly sorry for that time. I had no idea that Ganondorf had those kinds of intentions. I feel like I'm partly to blame."

Link couldn't stop the tears. Rowan was angry about the entire situation. Thalia felt completely at a loss, seeing her friends and the king have a black cloud hovering over their heads. Gathering up the courage, Thalia turned her hands into fists as she looked up at the king with a serious expression. "Your majesty, with your permission... The three of us would like to set out to rescue Zelda."

Link and Rowan grunted, King Rhoam was surprised about Thalia's sudden statement. He wasn't seeing her as the little girl who had lost everything that one night, but as a dedicated knight of Hyrule. The king straightened up, nodding in response. "Of course you have my permission." Not expecting it, King Rhoam bowed his head to Thalia. "Please rescue my daughter. I beg of you. I want her to know how sorry I am..."

Thalia nodded in response. "We'll do everything we can to save Zelda!" She turned to Link, a smile on her face. "And you will be our leader, Hylian Champion."

Link grunted, wiping away his tears while straightening up. A smile appeared on his face, nodding once. "I will happily lead the group. Thank you for doing this for me."

Rowan nodded, a smile appearing on his face. "Thalia and I will do everything in our power to help you rescue Zelda, Link. You can count on us."

Link gave the two a smile. "Thanks guys. That means a lot."

King Rhoam cleared his throat. "Let me give you some advice before you venture off. I advise the three of you to head your way towards the four regions. The four champions who are at their own regions are preparing their very own divine beasts. You should tell them the news about Zelda, thus, having them process the work faster. I'm sure they will have their own way to help find Zelda."

Rowan nodded in agreement. "That's a good idea. Those divine beasts they're all working on will help benefit our search for Zelda."

Thalia turned to Link. "What do you say? In my opinion, I think it's best to plan strategically instead of going head on without a plan."

Link was thinking to himself for a moment as he nodded. "Let's do that. I think if we help put that plan into action by going to the four regions, we can find Zelda in no time."

Thalia nodded. "I know the champions will assist us anyway they can."

"Yeah! But first..." Link looked at Thalia from head to toe. "You need to get yourself a weapon."

Thalia blushed in embarrassment. "You're right... I can't fight without a weapon, can I?" Link and Rowan let out a laugh as well as the king.

Inside the room, the four were discussing more about the plan. Their first step of the plan was to head out really early in the morning since time was not on their side. Operation: Rescue Zelda was set to action.