Chapter 26

A light pink glow appeared in front of Hyrule Castle. The three appeared in midair, only falling a few feet to the ground. Grunting in pain, the three stood up while groaning at the same time.

In front of them was Hyrule Castle, feeling confused since they were in a field in an unknown region just a second ago. Link just blinked, turning to Thalia. "What was that glow, Thalia?"

Thalia was still trying to process what had just happened. "I assume that was Empress Shizuka's blessing. She said that whenever I felt lost, my heart will guide me. I was feeling lost and wished to return to Hyrule. And that's when my heart started glowing."

"That saved us a lot of time from traveling on foot."

"I agree."

The two heard Rowan grunt, both turning towards him. He was staring at his arm, seeing that the tattoo was growing up on his arm. "Oh no... It's growing..."

Thalia felt her heart drop, now looking at her own arm. The tattoo was gradually growing on her arm as well. She started trembling, fear struck her heart. "We're running out of time..."

Link grunted in frustration, clenching his fist. "I'm so going to beat his ass..."

A messenger was running up to them, running out of breath. He stopped near them while kneeling down on one knee. "Duke Rowan, Hylian Champion. I've been looking everywhere for you. I have come to deliver you this urgent news."

Link arched an eyebrow. "What is it?"

"Ganondorf had entered the castle with Princess Zelda, and killed the king right in front of her."

The three all grunted at the same time, hearing the devastating news. Link's eyes began to waver in anger, his face showing fury. "Where is he?! Where is Ganondorf?!"

"We had tried to find him, but he has escaped."

"Damn it!" Link turned towards the two, still looking rather angry. "Come on!" He started to run towards the castle with Rowan and Thalia following behind.

Inside the castle, the three made it to the room where the king has always been in. They stopped in their tracks to see the king laying facedown in his own pool of blood. Zelda was there kneeling down towards the king, assuming she was sobbing, seeing that her shoulders were shaking. The three looked at one another while slowly approaching Zelda.

Zelda heard footsteps from behind her, quickly turning around and gasping loudly. "Oh thank Hylia! I thought Ganondorf had finished you off!" She quickly stood up, rushing over to Link and embraced him.

Link started to blush, embracing Zelda back. "I'm here now, Zelda."

Zelda was sobbing onto Link's shoulder. "I thought I would never see you again..." Her embrace got tighter, sobbing even more.

Link started rubbing Zelda's back, trying to calm her down. "It's ok, Princess. I won't ever leave your side again."

"Please don't... I want you to remain by my side like you always have. Promise me..."

"I promise."

Thalia smiled at Link and Zelda's sweet moment until she felt Rowan grab a hold of her hand. Looking up at him, she saw that Rowan had a serious expression and at the same time, it seemed like he was trying to hold in his emotions. "The king... Uncle Rhoam..."

Hearing Rowan's pained voice made Thalia's heart dropped, squeezing his hand for reassurance. She felt her vision getting blurry, trying to hold back her emotions as well. "I can't believe it..."