Chapter 24

The three were so eager to rescue Zelda that they had paddled as fast as they could to make it where the horses were. Even though their arms were getting tired, they were not giving up. Zelda felt so close, yet so far.

Making it to shore, the three quickly got off of the raft, rushing to the horses. They swiftly got onto their horses, signaling them to go, heading west of Hyrule. Today was the day where they were going to rescue Zelda.

It was the fastest they ever rode. They were so focused on getting into the Great Plateau. It felt like they were getting there pretty fast since they have been traveling all through Hyrule for a good five days. They felt confident that they were going to stop Ganondorf since only two days remained until the blood moon, giving them plenty of time to stop Ganondorf's evil plans.

Though they were a bit far, they had already almost reached Lake Hylia, the sun already going down. Link was angry at himself, gritting his teeth. "I can't believe she was around that area the entire time! We completely went around it!"

Rowan was upset at himself that they were near Zelda that day when they stopped for lunch near Lake Hylia. "I can't believe we just passed right through..."

Thalia clenched her fists. "We were so close, yet so far... But we will succeed this time." The two guys nodded, keeping their focus on trying to get into the Great Plateau.

They made it into the area, mild fog made it a little hard to see up ahead. Drawing near the Temple of Time, they saw fallen knights and samurai lying on the ground.

The three stopped their horses as they got off, trying to identify each knight and samurai. As they were looking, Link spotted someone familiar lying on the ground, rushing towards them with Rowan and Thalia following behind.

Link went over to the fallen person, his eyes widening as he saw who it was. He kneeled down, carefully lifting up the person. "Impa! Speak to me! What happened?!"

Impa had injuries all over her. "Ganondorf... We all tried to stop him, but we underestimated him..."

Link grunted, not believing that Impa got defeated since she was one of the most strongest people he knew. He gritted his teeth, feeling frustrated about the whole situation. "Despite his power, we're still going to stop him."

"Do not confront him. Just rescue Zelda and run out of there."

Rowan nodded. "I agree with Impa, Link. If Impa and the amount of knights and samurai combined couldn't stop Ganondorf, what makes you think we three can defeat him?"

Link was shaking his fist, gently put Impa down and standing back up. "I rather rescue her than pick a fight with that guy anyway. Her safety comes first." Even though he would like to kick Ganondorf's ass, his main priority was Zelda.

Thalia nodded. "We should sneak into the temple so Ganondorf doesn't catch us." She looked down at Impa, her eyes wavering. "Don't worry. We will get help immediately when we rescue Zelda."

Impa gave her a weak smile. "Thank you..."

Link smiled, his face turning serious a second later. "Let's go, you two."

As they were approaching the temple, Link peeked around the corner, looking inside the building with his eyes. He turned towards Thalia and Rowan, nodding as his way of signaling that the coast was clear.

The three quickly and quietly rushed inside the temple that was surprisingly empty with no people. They saw a giant statue of Hylia in the middle of the room.

Link looked around the room, his eyes squinting in suspicion. "This is weird... Where's Ganondorf?"

Rowan was also looking around the room with his eyes. "I agree. It's too easy right now."