Chapter 14

Arriving in front of the entrance of Gerudo Town, the three got off the sand seals as the seals quickly disappeared into the sand. In front of the entrance was a couple of Gerudo guards.

As the three were about to go through the entrance, the guards stopped them with their weapons. "Halt. State your purpose, travelers."

Rowan was whispering something to Thalia, seeming like he was going to have her explain things to the guards since they would get caught if they talked. Thalia nodded her head, facing the guards. "Sav'aaq. We're here to sightsee."

The guards looked at one another, parting out of the way. "Our apologies for stopping you, Hylian vai. You may proceed."

"Thank you." Thalia was walking ahead with Link and Rowan were following behind. They were holding their breath since they didn't want the guards to suspect that they were actually men.

Gerudo Town was really beautiful in the inside. Tall palm trees were neatly in a line in the middle of the town as some part of the walls had water falling. There were many shops that female tourists shopped at.

Thalia felt a tap on her shoulder, turning around to see Link. He pointed at the huge building up ahead. "That's where Urbosa is. She's the Gerudo Champion."

Thalia nodded. "Ok." A smile appeared on her face. "Any warning with this champion?"

Link averted his gaze, slightly blushing. "The only warning I can give you is that she's really pretty. But Zelda's more prettier to me..."

Thalia let out an aw. "That's so sweet, Link. I always knew you felt that way towards Zelda."

Link blushed even more, feeling embarrassed that he let that slipped out. "Yeah, so what?"

Rowan lightly hit the top of Link's head, though it caused Link pain for a light punch. "You better not do anything funny to my cousin when you see her, Link."

Link was rubbing the top of his head, glaring at Rowan. "Did you really have to do that, Rowan?"

"Zelda is my cousin. I feel protective of her like an older brother. It's my duty to judge the guys in her life. You are no exception."

Thalia giggled at the sight. "Rowan, you should know that Link would never do anything to hurt Zelda."

Rowan pushed back his 'hair', looking a bit flustered. "I know, I should know better..." He let out a sigh. "When we rescue Zelda, please don't make her fall, Link. Even for you, I won't hesitate to cut you down. Is that clear?" His tone of voice made him sound and look like a fearless duke, even if he was dressed in drag.

Link gulped, looking intimidated by Rowan's threat. "Yes..."

Thalia closed her eyes, letting out a sigh. "You don't have to give Link that scary look, Rowan."

Rowan's face soften, turning towards Thalia. "My apologies. Like I said, I'm protective of Zelda. But anyways... Let's go to the Gerudo Champion." The three of them were heading their way towards the huge building that was just up ahead.

After explaining why they wanted to see Urbosa to the guards that were in front of the building, the three stepped inside the building, seeing Urbosa sitting on a throne.

Urbosa was watching them walk closer to her. Her elbow was resting against the armrest, her hand lazily resting on her cheek. She had an impressed look on her face, still remaining in that position. "You sure traveled far from Hyrule Castle, Link."

Link was in the middle of Thalia and Rowan, who stopped near the front of Urbosa. Link looked at her with determination in his eyes. "Urbosa, we have a favor to ask."

Urbosa slyly smiled, looking somewhat amused. "Oh? What's the favor I may ask?"

Link gulped, knowing Urbosa was about to flip out about the news. "It's Zelda... She's been kidnapped by Ganondorf. We need your help to use your divine beast."

Urbosa raised her head from her resting arm, looking shocked about the news. "Zelda got kidnapped by that... Deceitful man?" She slowly stood up from the throne, looking fierce where she stood. "I always knew that Gerudo man had bad intentions. He'll be sorry when he comes face to face with me."

Thalia stepped in front of Link to speak more about the situation. "The three of us are traveling to the four regions to inform each champion about Zelda. The king has informed us that these divine beasts you champions have will greatly benefit us to locate her. Will you help us, Lady Urbosa?"

Urbosa took a good look at Thalia, a smile appeared on her face. "Why would I say no about saving a dear friend of mine? I will assist you in every way I can."

Thalia bowed her head. "Thank you so much!"

Urbosa put a hand on her hip. "What is your name? I have never seen you before. You seem to be friendly with the Hylian Champion and the Duke.

"My name is Thalia, Lady Urbosa. I'm one of the main cooks in Hyrule Castle, and a knight as well."

"Ah... You sound like one tough lady. And you can drop the formalities with me if you plan to be duchess one day."

Thalia's face turned bright red at the mention of her being with Rowan like that. "I... I'm not..."

Rowan stepped in, his face was bright red as well. "Urbosa, the three of us are on a time limit. We need to find Zelda before the next blood moon. We still have to travel on the other side of Hyrule."

Urbosa waved her hand, feeling like she has successfully teased the two. "I'm aware, Rowan. I will happily lend you assistance with Vah Naboris."

"Thank you very much."

Link stepped into the conversation once more. "Hey Urbosa, can we stay the night? We gotta travel to Kakariko Village bright and early tomorrow to inform Impa about the news."

Urbosa nodded. "Of course. You three need your rest to accomplish your mission."

"Thanks a lot."

Urbosa winked at Thalia. "I'm rooting for the two of you." A blush appeared on Thalia and Rowan's face once more. Link snickered at the two while walking out the building with the two following behind.

The town was already dark, the moon was raised in the night sky. The three of them shared a room once more, only sleeping in different beds. Rowan let out a sigh, looking like he was thinking to himself. "We have to get our horses back, and go around the desert to head towards Kakariko Village."

Link nodded. "Yeah. Usually sand seals are near this town, so we'll get back to the horses in a jiff."

Thalia was worried with each passing day, having a bad feeling about Zelda. "I'm worried about Zelda... I hope that she's alright..."

Link lowered his eyes, worried about Zelda as well. "I just hope Ganondorf didn't hurt her. If he did, he would regret ever messing with her."

Rowan was obviously worried about his cousin, but also wanted to do what was best right now so it wouldn't affect them in the future. "We should get our rest now. Kakariko Village is a bit farther since it's at the other side of Hyrule. We need all the rest we can get tonight."

Thalia nodded. "You're right. I'll try to not worry too much. We need to be optimistic."

Link nodded as well. "Yeah... We'll leave bright and early. So get some shut eye, guys. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." Thalia and Rowan said at the same time. They felt deja vu since they had said their goodnights at the same time last night. During this journey, it felt like their bonds were growing stronger.