Chapter 4

Thalia's bones were aching all over as it felt like she couldn't move. She was getting dressed to start a new day, eager to learn more of how to cook and train to be a knight . Though she's enjoying both so far, it was really tiring for a 10 year old.

Thalia heard a knock on the door, quickly getting changed to answer the door. Opening the door, she saw it was Link and Zelda both smiling at her. "Good morning! My father wants to see you!"

"The king?"

Zelda nodded and grabbed her hand. "Come on!" She basically pulled Thalia out of her room. The three were now making their way towards where the king was.

Arriving where the king was, Thalia spotted the duke she saw yesterday, and also what it seems to be a middle aged Gerudo man with dark skin and red hair.

King Rhoam gave her a smile. "How are you liking your training so far, Thalia?"

Thalia returned the smile. "I'm enjoying it so far!"

"Good, good." The king turned to the red haired man. "Thalia, this is my personal advisor, Ganondorf. He helps assist me with my duties."

Ganondorf gave her a bow. "Nice to meet you." He gave her a smirk afterwards that made her feel slightly uncomfortable. For some reason, this guy was setting off alarms in her head.

Not wanting to be rude, Thalia slightly bowed. "Nice to meet you too."

King Rhoam gestured his way towards the young duke. "This is Duke Rowan. He is also my nephew."

Rowan's eyes were piercing through Thalia, making her feel like a prey to its predator. Not expecting it, Rowan gave her a smile. "It's nice to meet you."

Thalia just blinked, thinking his smile was so brightening as a slight blush appeared on her face. "It's nice to meet you too..."

Rowan made his way towards Thalia, observing her from head to toe. This was making her heart pound since he was so close, and having no idea what he was doing. Thalia got a closer look at what he really looks like. He had handsome features, looking very prince-like for a duke.

Rowan had his hand on his chin, nodding his head. "So... You're learning to be a cook and a knight, right?"

Thalia nodded. "Y-Yes..."

"Thalia, was it? How old are you?"

"I'm 10 years old."

"Just like Zelda and Link." A smile appeared on Rowan's face. "I'm glad that they have a new friend. I'm only slightly older than you. I'm 12."

"O-Oh... Yes, the three of us are friends..." In the inside, she was questioning herself on why she was getting so tongue tied.

Not expecting it, Rowan grabbed one of her hands, making her heart pound. She looked up at him, meeting his eyes. "Will you be my friend as well?"

Though Rowan's words say one thing, his expression said another. From Thalia's point of view, it looked like he was flirting with her. Shyly, Thalia nodded her head. "Sure."

King Rhoam cleared his throat. "Rowan. Please release her hand."

"Oh, sorry." Rowan released Thalia's hand as he looked away almost like he was blushing. Thalia still felt the lingering touch on her hand, hearing her heart pounding in her ears. She was really confused about how she was feeling right now.

"Ganondorf will continue to help you with your duties, Rowan." The king turned towards Zelda. "And that goes the same with you."

Zelda's, Link's, and even Rowan's expression all dropped, seeming like they wanted nothing to do with that man. Thalia looked at all three, wondering if they didn't like Ganondorf.