Chapter 16

The horses slowed down their speed as soon as they stepped foot into the village. There were plum trees at every corner, the houses looked like they were made out of rice paper. They passed a pumpkin and carrot field, Thalia thinking to herself that she would purchase those later.

Arriving in front of an important looking building, the three stopped the horses, their feet touching the ground.

The guards noticed the three, instantly recognizing Link and Rowan. The guards bowed their heads with respect. One of them spoke up. "If you wish to speak to Lady Impa, she is beyond those doors. You may enter."

Link smiled at the guards. "Thanks, fellas."

Thalia and Rowan followed Link up the stairs, making it in front of the two huge doors. Link stopped in front of them, gradually open the doors himself.

Inside the building, Impa was sitting in the middle of the room, almost like she was waiting for them. Her white hair and smooth tanned skin complemented her youthful appearance. Having her arms crossed, Impa slipped a smile. "What business do you have coming here?" She noticed that it was only the three, making her confused. "Where's the princess?"

The three were silent, Rowan stepped in to speak on their behalf. "That's why we came here. You see, Zelda... She was kidnapped by Ganondorf."

Impa's eyes widen at the news. "What?! How could something like that happen?!"

Link clenched his fists, visibly frustrated. "I couldn't stop Ganondorf from taking her. It's my fault."

Impa raised an eyebrow at Link. "What are you talking about? It's not your fault. Quit blaming yourself."

"I feel this way because I could've stopped it, but I let it happened."

"Link." Not expecting it, Impa had slapped him across the face. "Quit spitting nonsense."

Link held his cheek in pain. "That really hurt, you know!"

"If you can't handle that pain, how can you handle the pain of a serious battle? Aren't you the Hylian Champion?"

Link groaned, letting out a sigh. "Yeah..."

"Then start acting like it."

Link didn't say anything else, still holding his cheek in pain. Rowan stepped in, seeming like he was about to ask something. "Impa, can you help us in some way to rescue Zelda?"

Impa was thinking to herself for a minute. "Of course I'll help you out with rescuing the princess. I will head back to the castle to gather up troops for a search party. But I also think you three need to go to Uratori Village as well."

"Why is that? Can Empress Shizuka help us with rescuing Zelda?"

Impa nodded. "She can definitely help out. She isn't called Lady Luck for nothing."

"That's right. Not only is she empress, she's also Lady Luck. Why didn't I think of asking for her assistance before?" Rowan was thinking to himself while turning to Link. "It looks like we need to go to another destination. First, we need to inform the remaining champions about Zelda. And then we can head our way to Uratori Village."

Link looked unsure. "I don't know... Wouldn't it be cutting it too close?"

Rowan shook his head. "No. We will still have plenty of time. I think Empress Shizuka will help us out tremendously. I know the two champions we informed are doing their best right now as we speak, but the other two champions have to know about this also."

Link was trying to think about it, involving timing and planning as he tried to see how fitting in another destination would work. "Well... I guess we can give it a shot. If it will help find Zelda faster."

"Yes, it's exactly what I was thinking."

Impa let out a chuckle. "The empress will gladly assist you. So you don't have to worry about anything."

"Lady Impa." Thalia spoke up, only listening the entire time.

"What is it, Thalia?"

"Once you go to the castle, can you update the king what's going on? I know he's most likely wondering where the progress is at."

"Yes, of course I'll tell him what's been happening."

"Thank you very much."

Impa let out a satisfied hum. "Are you lot going to head out to Zora's Domain already?"

"Well... We were going to stay here for the night and refresh ourselves. Though we rest every night, we always have to get up extra early, and we haven't had time to really manage ourselves lately."

"Yeah, do that. It's important to recharge while you can."

Link stepped into the conversation. "Well... We're going to go head to the inn now. Thanks for doing all this, Impa."

"No problem. I would never say no to anything with Zelda, especially since she's gone missing."

"Yeah, I know."

After finishing their conversation with Impa, the three headed towards the inn. They booked two rooms, one with two beds and one with only one bed. Thalia got the lone room since the room had their own private indoor bath. They dropped their clothes off with the cleaning staff. They would get their clothes back later that night.

Stepping foot in the steaming water, Thalia let the water go passed her shoulders. Sighing in relief, Thalia was feeling the tension leave her body. "After washing my hair, this feels so nice..."

Thalia heard a knock behind the wall, making her jump. She heard Link's voice from the other side of it, though his voice was slightly muffled. "Thalia! Can you hear me?!"

Thalia snorted through her nose, attempting to yell back. "Yes! What do you want, Link?"

In the guy's room, both Link and Rowan were in the giant bath together. "Are you feeling alright?!"

"Yes! And you?!"

"Yeah!"

"Is this bath awesome?!"

"Yes! It's really nice!"

"Isn't it?!"

All of a sudden, they heard another voice that didn't belong to either one of them. It sounded muffled but loud and angry. "Will you youngsters shut the hell up?! I'm trying to sleep!"

Thalia squeezed her lips, sinking deeper in the water, covering the bottom half of her face.

Link was trying not to laugh, holding his hands against his mouth. Rowan arched an eyebrow at him, letting out a sigh. "You can be so childish sometimes..." He has his arms resting against the top of the bath, letting the steam of the water release the tension from his body.

Link let out a laugh, not able to hold it in any longer. "Does it look like I care about that?!"

The elderly man's voice yelled back. "You better care about what's gonna happen to you if you don't shut the hell up!"

Link was snickering to himself, sinking into the water where it was covering his mouth. Rowan shook his head at the sight as he closed his eyes, enjoying the remaining time in the bath.

Later that night, Thalia got the clothes she dropped off for cleaning back, neatly putting it back in her bag. A towel was over her shoulders as she slipped it off. Setting it on a table, Thalia made her way to the bed, getting under the covers. Feeling clean and refresh, she felt her eyelids growing heavy, finding herself in a world of slumber.

In the guys' room, Rowan was already fast asleep. Link was laying there, looking up at the ceiling. He let out a sigh, feeling more worried than tired. "I hope you're alright wherever you are, Zelda..." He swallowed, trying to not have negative emotions overcome him. "We'll free you soon. I promise..."