Chapter 15

The group of three headed out a little early than usual, even if it was still dark out. It would be a much longer way to reach Kakariko Village. Urbosa was going to use Vah Naboris to roam the desert, and defeat any Yiga Clan member that she came across in hope to get some intel.

Riding on the sand seals, they released the rope attached to the sand seal. They hopped off the shields at their feet, receiving it back. Not a second later, the sand seals disappeared within the sand. The horses that they had left near the trees were still waiting at the same spot. Thalia was petting her horse's snout as a way for apologizing that she had it waiting in the cold of the night.

Link was looking at the Sheikah Slate, trying to see if there was a faster way to get to Kakariko Village. He grunted, seeing an alternative route on the digital map. "I think if we take this route with the bridge, it will cut our time in travel. What do you think, Rowan?"

Rowan was looking at the Sheikah Slate, looking at the numerous ways to travel to the other side of Hyrule with ease. "Yeah, the route with the bridge will be a shorter travel. If we keep traveling east without taking detours, then we can make it to Kakariko Village before sundown."

"Then that settles it. We're taking the shorter route. I know that the two of you won't object. The sooner we get to our destination, the sooner we can find Zelda."

Thalia nodded. "Right. Well... We have no time to lose. We should head out now. Of course we should take a break on the halfway point to eat. We can't travel on empty stomachs now, can we?"

Link nodded. "Food is a priority. And luckily, we have a professional chef in our trio."

The three got on their horses, following Link out of the desert. They were glad that they were going to get out of the heat, but more importantly, they were glad that they were going to arrive at their destination ahead of schedule.

Since they didn't slow down or even stop, the three made out of the desert, now riding on grass. The sweet smell of fresh grass and pure wind met their senses. They were going at a speed where they could feel the breeze against their faces. The clear skies welcomed them, it wasn't too hot nor too cold.

Up ahead, Link saw a huge lake that was still at a good distance. "Isn't that Lake Hylia?"

Rowan nodded. "It is. It marks as our halfway point to Kakariko Village."

"Sweet! I can't believe how fast we already made it this far!"

Thalia started to feel tired, feeling her stomach growl. That was the signal that they had to stop soon. "I know we have been traveling for hours straight, but don't you think we need to stop and take a break?"

Link started to pout with his lower lip. "But we're almost there!" His stomach started to growl as well. "Alright fine. We can stop for a short lunch break."

"Thank Hylia."

The three stopped the horses as soon as they arrived around Lake Hylia. Getting off the horses, Thalia took out some cooking supplies along with preserved food. Link found some wood and Rowan had flint in his bag to start a campfire.

Laying out a wooden board, Thalia had pre-marinated the meat, added spices onto it. She peeled quite a few potatoes while starting to cut them into small pieces. Along with that, she started to cut onions and peppers. Once she was done cutting them, she added it onto the meat to let the flavors blend in. Link and Rowan were staring in awe, feeling their mouths water up.