Chapter 20

Leaving the next morning, the three were getting heat resistant elixirs before heading off to Goron City. Mipha would use the divine best Vah Ruta to search for Zelda in all the waters in Hyrule. Their plan of informing the champions were falling into place. Now they were onto the last champion.

Exiting out of the domain, the three got on their horses to get off the mountain. Rowan and Thalia were on cloud nine ever since confessing to each other yesterday.

Link smirked at them, seeing an opportunity to tease them. "You two seem to be in a good mood. What's the occasion?" He already knew what went down, a cheeky grin appeared on his face.

The two were blushing madly. Rowan cleared his throat. "We just kissed... I wouldn't take a lady's maidenhead on the first day." That made Thalia start to blush even more.

Link snickered to himself. "Then the second day?"

Rowan let out a sigh. "Quit being a smartass, Link."

That made Link start to laugh. "I always knew you two would end up with each other! I support you two all the way!"

Thalia smiled at Link, feeling overjoyed. "Thank you, Link. And when the time comes for you and Zelda to be together, we too will support you all the way."

Link rubbed the back of his head shyly. "Thanks, Thalia."

Rowan nodded. "I would like to make Thalia duchess when we rescue Zelda and slain Ganondorf. I would want to have that happy occasion at the end."

Link wasn't expecting Rowan to say something sentimental, nodding in agreement. "We'll make that happen, Rowan."

Sprinting down the mountain was a lot faster than sprinting up. They were already going to make it to the bottom.

Taking out the Sheikah Slate, Link was looking to see where they had to go. "It looks like there's a horse saddle right before we enter the Death Mountain area. We could stop there for a short break before going up that unbearably hot mountain."

Rowan nodded. "While we take a break, we use out the elixirs to use."

Thalia nodded as well. "Right. I know Goron City will be much more hotter than Gerudo Town. I can't imagine how much hotter it is, I'm almost scared to find out."

Rowan rode closer to her, trying to comfort her. "Don't worry, love. I will protect you from Death Mountain's heat."

Thalia smiled as she started to blush, her heart flutter hearing Rowan call her an adored nickname. "Thank you."

Link felt mixed emotions, feeling happy for them yet awkward. "You two are really cute together, don't get me wrong. But I hate being the third wheel."

Thalia giggled, squeezing her lips. "I'm sorry, Link. We won't be lovey in front of you. I can understand that."

"You're so considerate."

Rowan saw what was up ahead. "I see the horse saddle just ahead of us. We can take our break there."

Arriving at the horse saddle, the three got off of their horses, going over to the man-made campfire that had a huge cooking pan. There were some people wandering around the horse saddle doing their own business.

Thalia started to take out some preserved food, trying to think of what to make. "Alright... Who's hungry?"

"Me." Link answered not even a second later.

"You're always hungry."

"That's because you make such delicious food!"

"Awwww! Thank you!"

Rowan was looking at the ingredients Thalia had pulled out. "What are you planning to make, Thalia?"

"Well... Since I have a bunch of Hylian rice and leftover vegetables and meat, I was planning to make gourmet fried rice with a side of glazed meat."

Link's mouth started to water at the sound of today's menu. "That sounds so good! Cook it, Thalia!"

Thalia smiled as she started to take out the vegetables. "You can't rush art, Link." She started to cut the vegetables, filling the pan with water and boiling the rice. Once the rice was done, she poured the vegetables in as she started mixing it thoroughly. After a little while, she shoved the rice to the side, starting to cook the already marinated meat, having it sizzle against the pan. Thalia started to put the fried rice and meat on plates, topping it off by drizzling some kind of sauce on it. "And it's done!"

Thalia handed Link the plate, staring at it in awe. "I think you are my second favorite person ever..."

"Let me guess. The first person is Zelda?"

"You guessed it."

Thalia handed Rowan a plate. "Thank you very much, love."

Thalia couldn't help but smile and blush. "You're very welcome." The three started to eat their meal before heading in the mountain that could burn their flesh off.

After their meal, the three drank the heat resistant elixirs. They were in a time limit since the elixirs would wear off in six hours.

Link started to speak up. "Taking the horses is a bad idea since they would die of heat stroke. They will wait here."

Rowan nodded. "We have no time to lose. We must sprint up the mountain on foot."

Thalia nodded, opening her bag she was carrying. "Just in case anything happens, I have extra elixirs."

Rowan smiled, giving her a look like he was impressed. "I can always count on you, love." Thalia smiled back and blushed at her lover.

Link let out a sigh through his nose. "You two can flirt later. We gotta get up this mountain now!"

Both nodding, they started to follow Link's lead, soon arriving at the start of the mountain. Though the elixirs were kicking in, it was unbearably hot on the mountain. The three started to sweat not even a minute in. They were growing tired from running, feeling like they could pass out from the heat. They couldn't stop. For Zelda, they had to make it to Goron City no matter what.

They were grateful that they had elixirs on hand since they weren't sure how long they would be in Goron City. Not long they hoped. The three were following the mineral torches that were guiding their way to Goron City. The path to where the Gorons were was easy to follow, not getting lost even if there was a fork on the road.

Still running, the three started to see Gorons rolling on the mountain, feeling like they were getting close. They kept seeing Gorons in their boulder form rolling in a line, looking like they were doing some kind of mining job.

Passing the mine, the three saw what was up ahead. They saw a huge post with a giant mineral in the middle. Feeling relieved that they had made it quicker than they thought, they finally arrived at their next destination: Goron City.