chapter 1 | intro

Jaehwa's POV

My name is Kim Jaehwa. I'm 17 years old, and I am about to debut as an idol under BigHit.

Bang Si-Hyuk, the one that created BigHit, is my uncle. He trained me himself to become an idol. But don't get me wrong, I trained hard to be in his company.

He was also very generous in letting me do competitions that I knew I couldn't win. But after a few years of his guidance, I started to win a few of the trophies. That made me gain confidence and it led me to tryout for my middle school's dance team. I was dancing in one of the studios that our school had, and Naeun, who will later become my band member, helped me succeed in securing a spot in the dance team.

Naeun is 2 years older, my senior, but that didn't stop us from becoming great friends. Her dream was to become an idol, something that slowly became mine as well after all these years of training. I looked up to her, and if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have had the passion to do what I love doing. I struggled to get through what my uncle threw at me. I mean I'm glad he did but it's just that Naeun made it more fun to compete, and made it feel nicer when I did these things.

While I was in high school, Naeun got accepted in one of BigHit's new girl groups. She was sent to this summer camp in Daegu for a month and became best friends with a girl named Mirae. I got letters from Naeun saying Mirae this and Mirae that.

Naeun said that this girl had already lived in Seoul near us actually, chasing after her brother who got into a college to become a doctor the year before. I got jealous because I mean Naeun had been gone for a month and she's now off with some random girl probably spilling all my secrets. But in the end, Mirae, Naeun, and I became close friends. As soon as they came back, Mirae auditioned for BigHit.

While we were waiting for her results, the three of us became inseparable just like a family. Fortunately, she got accepted into the same group as Naeun and they lived together in one of the dorms.

They became a bit busy because they were trainees, but I asked my uncle sometimes to give me gifts, which was time to spend with them. It was rare but I was glad to just hang out with them. The times we spent together consisted of shopping and eating at our favorite cafe.

After a few years, they started to complain about their new trainee members, Hana and Eunji. They said that the two new "kids" just auditioned because Hana wanted to prove that her parents would not care about her over their work.

Eunji auditioned with Hana because they were as inseparable as the three of us. Other than that, Mirae and Naeun said that both of their skills were great and that it was a pleasure to be living in the dorm as them.

After I turned 16, the age that I thought I would be ready to audition for, I went to BigHit and auditioned. And I waited for the news.

I was so nervous because I had to be perfect. I was performing for my uncle and the choreographers, the managers, and all these other people who looked intimidating.

After waiting for what seemed like centuries and trying to relax with Naeun and Mirae, I finally got the news that I got in! And in the same group at Naeun and Mirae!

My uncle knew how ready I was to be an idol that he told me I only needed a year to be a trainee because Naeun had already trained for 4, Mirae for 3, and Hana and Eunji for 2.

I lived together with them and was very comfortable around the house because Naeun or Mirae would always be there. I was, at first, uncomfortable around Hana and Eunji, but I knew I had to get over it because they are my band members, so I tried my best to get to know them. Over the course of the year I trained, I became very comfortable, maybe too comfortable.

The year was ending, and my uncle called the five of us over and said that we need to pick stage names, figure out the debut date, and most importantly, our group name.

All of us didn't have stage names because we thought we didn't need them. But Naeun, wanted to be the cool leader and rapper she is, she wanted to be named through her middle name. That is Luna. I am just Jae, short for my actual name. Everyone else had their original names. We named our group, "DREAMS." We realized that our group was formed through different relationships and we eventually came to a conclusion that this is our dream we want to pursue. Therefore, that was why we agreed on calling ourselves DREAMS. Many of our dreams came true, and they came true because of how much we wished and worked for it.

It might not have been Hana and Eunji's dream at first, but after auditioning, they worked very hard to get here. Time past by fast and we were ready for this debut date to come at last. We learned how we will introduce ourselves. We also created some of our songs and our dances and kept practicing them.

Our debut date was creeping up on us, but we were all excited! DREAMS are planned to debut on June 26, 2016... And it's already June!!! Ahhhhh!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoy this story!

I will be updating about two times a week. Please support me and I hope to give you a good story!