chapter 30 | confession

Jaehwa's POV

"Okay, so today. I wanted to take us all to the amusement park a few minutes from here." Jungkook's dad says.

"Oh. Like the one that just opened up?" Jungkook says so his dad nods, smirking.

"Yep. And I got us tickets with reservations for dinner and everything." He says which really surprised me.

"Oh. You really didn't have to do that." I said.

"No. No, I did. I did it because you're Jungkook's best friend, as I hear."

"Thank you.." I say. Jungkook excuses us from his parents and leads me outside to the patio where there was a swing.

 Jungkook excuses us from his parents and leads me outside to the patio where there was a swing

He sat down as he hooked his feet on the ground to stop the swing from swinging. He patted down on the spot next to him, motioning to sit down so I walk over to him, sitting down. He lets go of his feet as he slowly let it swing.

"You know, I wanted to talk about some things." He starts, showing off some nervous signs. I tilt my head in confusion.

"You know. Mirae and Taehyung. Eunji and Yoongi. The whole couple thing."

"What about them?"

"I've been thinking about some things that Eunji told me." Jungkook says nervously. I look over to him confused as to why Eunji would have to talk to him.

"Wait. She talked to you? What did she say?"

"I have something I want to tell you. Something I've been needing to tell you. Eunji was just encouraging me to stop being a wimp, which is entirely true." He says sighing.

"Jungkook.. What's wrong?" I said. I was starting to become worried about his behavior.

"Just promise me that whatever I do or say right now doesn't change anything between us other than good." He says. He gulps and stares at me, actually worried. But nevertheless, I nod.

"I can't promise anything but I'll try." I said, wondering what he's so tense on.

"I like you, Jaehwa. I have for a while now." He says shocking me.

"Why are you just telling me now?" I said, relieved. I look at him as he held my hands.

"Well, it's not really easy when your hyung has already laid eyes for you. But I just can't hold it anymore." He says. He grabs my jaw at one hand, staring at my eyes. And in not time, I felt a pair of lips on mine. For a while, I felt this wonderful spark, which soon disappeared with the separation of us. I blinked my eyes a few times trying to process what I just did. He looks at my eyes searching for something but I didn't know what I looked like right now.

"So.. What do you say?" He says but I couldn't say anything as I didn't know how I should react.

"Guys. Get ready. We're going and make sure your outfits can get dirty so I suggest you change, Jaehwa. Those clothes look so nice." His mom says as it made me laugh a bit. I got up slowly before looking down at him. I furrow my eyebrows, confused again. What hyung?

"Wait, what do you mean your hyung?" I say, waiting for his answer.

"Well. Are you coming?" His mom says interrupting us again as she popped her head out the screen door.

"And uh.. Jungkook.. I like you too." I say and run off without seeing his face or his reaction. This is so embarrassing but it felt nice to finally tell him. I rush back into the bathroom to wash my face so I could get refreshed. I walk out with my sports bra and booty shorts so I could get into my outfit easily. I couldn't find the dress I was looking for. What the heck? I swear. I just had it on the bed.

"Looking for this?" Jungkook says by the door, dangling the dress by the hanger on one finger.

"How did you- What?" I said stuttering.

"You better go get dressed." He says, walking in. He sits down onto the bed and continues to swing the dress in his hand. I reach up to grab it but almost loose my footing on the ground, allowing Jungkook to yank the dress away.

"Give it to me." I said as he was teasing me. I was actually trying so hard to get the dress back that I completely forgot that I was half naked. We hear footsteps coming towards us but that didn't stop us from losing our balance and falling on top of each other on the bed.

"Kookie, I forgot to tel-" His mom says before she stares at us.

"Um.. This is not what it looks like." I said, holding out my two hands as I hoped she didn't misunderstand.

"Mhmm. Okay." She says but continued to talk as if we weren't on top of each other at this moment. "And I wanted to inform you two that there is supposed some kind of festival so I encourage you both to bring your cameras. But either way, I'm taking one." She says and leaves. Jungkook nervously laughs so I yanked the dress out of his hand and stood up.

"Thank you. For this." I say before shutting myself in the bathroom.

" I say before shutting myself in the bathroom

Jaehwa

"How much clothes did you bring, Jaehwa?" Jungkook says.

"As many as I wanted." There was a long silence after as we couldn't even look at each others' eyes.

"Jaehwa.. What are we now?"

"COME ON KIDS!" We hear from outside.

"God.. Moms. Am I right?" Jungkook says.

"Yeah.." I say laughing.

"COMING!", Jungkook yells. "Oh and about the thing. We'll talk about later when it's a good time for the both of us." He says as I just smile.

"Okay, sweethearts. Get in the car!"

"Coming dad!" Jungkook says as we both hurry downstairs.

"Well, don't you look lovely, Jaehwa!" His dad says as I blush, smiling at him. We all got into the car and his mom arranged the seats.

"Kookie. You will go with your dad and us girls will be in the back, alright?" She says as everyone just nods. As soon as we got in, we drove off.

"Jungkook talks about you a lot these days when he calls." His mom says.

"Really? That's sweet."

"Jungkook has to be careful with dust or bad air or else he gets sneezy. And he likes pork soup, rice, sashimi, sea eel, and anything with flour, honestly. He's allergic to some products of cosmetics. Oh, he's also sensitive with smells but air freshener works just fine. Jungkook likes smells that are slightly sweet. Like the sweet smell of soaps or fruits. He also likes the smell of mango. He hates bugs but loves to go hiking. He's always talked about wanting to walk on the beach at night, holding hands with his lover." At one point, she finally stopped to take a breath which was my cue.

"Umm.. Why exactly are you telling me this?"

"Oh come on. I saw you two on the porch. And I saw the way you two look at each other. You two are the most obvious couple besides yourselves. Open your eyes and see it." I smile faintly, thinking of the idea of walking on the beach. That's so romantic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~