chapter 44 | misunderstanding

Jaehwa's POV

Hearing an alarm go off, Jungkook and I wake up to it startled. I look at myself and found myself wearing Jungkook's jacket. Oh! His parents must be home! Yeah! I get up from the bed excited but realized Jungkook was still curled up like a panda.

"Wake up!", I said reaching out my hand. "Let's go. Your parents are here!" I said happily. He groans, sitting himself up on the bed.

"How are you so energetic in the morning?" He says as he squints at me. "Do you have makeup on?" He says.

"No, why?" I said shaking my head.

"You look so pretty." He says.

"Why? Are you saying I need makeup to look pretty?" I said testing him a bit.

"No. I'm just saying you're too pretty for makeup." He says which successfully made me smile. I kept grinning like an idiot before staring back at him.

"Anyway, let's go." I said reaching for his hand again. But this time, he actually accepted it getting off the bed. We walk downstairs still holding hands as I drag him down.

"Oh! Here comes the new couple!" Jungkook's appa says as his eomma comes running in from the kitchen.

"Ah! And so I've heard. So.. Tell me everything. How you found out you two liked each other. How you got together. Everything. You better not leave anything out." She says warning me. I nod nervously. Honestly, she reminds me of Naeun sometimes.

"Jae.. Do you want me to say it?" Jungkook whispers to me. I shake my head to signal that it was okay and that I'll tell her.

"Umm.. Well... First of all, Jungkook confessed to me on the porch outside and so I told him I felt the same. I invited Jungkook to go to the beach with me the next day to see if we should actually date or not. But when Jungkook got hurt, I knew I was stupid because I didn't take the chance when I had it to tell him my actual feelings. I confessed to him then that I really liked him.", I looked around to see if they were still listening. "At that time, I didn't know he could hear me because he was unconscious. But apparently, he did. And we talked about it when he woke up in the hospital." From there, the story gets complicated and I didn't know if Jungkook was okay with me telling his parents. They looked at me to continue but I was a bit confused on whether or not I should.

"Jimin liked Jae too.", Jungkook says out of nowhere. "And I knew this even before. So we made a deal. That if he ever confessed to her, that I would back off. But he never did. So I took that chance and told her.", He says smiling towards his parents. As a boy, I was surprised he could tell his parents this much in detail. I guess his parents and him are very close. "Things got a little ugly before Jae came in the morning at the hospital. Jimin and I had a fight about how he thought he deserved one more chance. But I told him it was unfair. Luckily, he understood and left. And now we are officially together. And yesterday we went to that private arcade." I thought he would have been finished because if it were me, I don't think I would ever be brave enough to tell my parents. I mean. I probably would like a day after, but not so soon. Jungkook's parents smile sweetly.

"Aww.. You two are so cute. I hope you two last for a long time." Jungkook's mom says.

"Honey.. They're just teens. Stop talking about them as if they'll get married. Let them take it slow." His dad says to his wife. Jungkook looks at me and smiles.

"Anyway, I know things must be complicated between all of you including Jimin. But remember. I still need to pick him up today for the way home. So. Don't act awkward on us." Jungkook's eomma says.

"We know. And that is why we are taking things slow. Because we want to respect Jimin. Once everyone gets back at Seoul, we'll try not to do coupley things in front of everyone. Plus, Jaehwa wouldn't like it." Jungkook says which made me look at him.

"Why don't you like it?" Jungkook's appa says which made me nervous.

"Umm.. I don't know. Why, Jungkook?" I said talking to him using my eyes.

"Ha.. She doesn't like showing others us kissing and stuff." He says. I playfully hit him and whisper to him.

"Why do you say things so casually? It embarrasses. You make me so flustered."

"Because I love you." He says.

"Eww.. Jungkook. Sweetie.. You're too cheesy." Jungkook's eomma says pretend puking before walking back into the kitchen.

"So. It's 9 o'clock right now and your train leaves at 10 so I suggest we start heading out now. Get dressed, guys." Jungkook's appa says. Jungkook and I run upstairs to get dressed and get our luggage. I start changing.

 I start changing

Jaehwa

I grab my suitcase and bag to put in the car which was parked outside. We took both of our things and put it in the trunk. After that, we went to go pick up Jimin which only took about like a eight minute drive. Now we were all in the car together. With Jungkook's parents in the front and us in the back. Jungkook on the right side, with me in the middle, and on the left side, Jimin. I silently sat there trying not to move as it just made us all uncomfortable if one of us moved. Jungkook's parents understanding, didn't talk much either making it a very silent ride. It wasn't that we were trying to make it awkward. It's just that there were no words to say that would benefit any of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~