chapter 41 | alone

Jaehwa's POV

--- Time Skip ---

It was about 9:30 and Jungkook's parents were still not home. They said they were still quite busy but they'll be able to take us to the transportation station later on. Jungkook was finally getting released and I was just signing him out of the hospital. We rode a taxi back to Jungkook's house. I unlocked the door as I helped Jungkook in. He was healed and he could walk properly but I'm just a worrying freak so I was worried he would get hurt again. He sits down by the couch, releasing a big sigh.

"Are you okay?", I say to him as I see him staring off into space. He nods as I walk over to him. "Are you worried about Jimin? Because I am too. But I'm sure he'll get better. We just have to believe in him." I said.

"You're such a positive person. I sometimes hate it."

"You hate me?" I said, offended as a scoff left my lips.

"No, I love you." He says seriously surprising me. My eyes widen as I just stood there.

"I was joking." I said.

"I wasn't.. Come on. Let's just go to sleep." He says and stands up from the couch. He looks over at me and smiles.

"What?"

"Will you sleep with me?" He says. I don't know if he's playing or he's serious. Nonetheless, I nod my head. We walk up the stairs and walk into Jungkook's room. His bed was big so it fit both of us and more extra space. ,Taking a shower first, we change into our pajamas. He climbs into bed as I follow. I put the bed sheets over us as we move around trying to find our comfortable spots. It was quiet for a while besides the crickets chirping outside.

"You sleepy?" He asks. I look over his way to answer. He shifts to look around at my side as well.

"Not really.." I said. He nods looking kind of sleepy. I smile at him and snuggle into the pillow more. I close my eyes before he pulls me in closer as our noses touch. My eyes pop open in shock as he wraps his arms around me.

"Jungkook.. What are you doing?" I said, still a little surprised.

"I wanted to feel how it is to hug you. It's quite comfortable with you in my arms.", Jungkook says. It was always weird to touch other people but somehow right now, I felt safe. I slowly move my hands towards his chest and smile. "Jae.. I'm really glad we got to tell each other our feelings."

"Me too.."

"I'm just curious.. How long have you liked me?" He says, his arms wrapped around me tightly.

"I don't know.. I've been having thoughts about you since that night on the balcony at that one club. But, I guess I just didn't notice how much I was thinking about you on a daily basis and what that meant to me..", I said and he instantly smiles, his nose scrunching. "How about you?"

"Well, I.. Since you told me how good of a singer I was. In the recording studio. . It was so hard to stay focused when there's a beautiful girl standing in front of me. And after, I went to go visit your dance training. I guess I can say I started liking you then." He says. I was thinking for a minute of when he was talking about. That was a few months ago. Has he really liked me since then?

"You know.. Things would have been so different if you hadn't invited me on this trip." I said, chuckling at the thought of it. Even though half of the trip was me taking care of him and worrying over every move, there were a lot of good memories that were made.

"I love you." He says.

"It's weird to think I always cringed at the phrase.." I said, honestly. It was always such a cringy phrase for me. I never thought I could bring myself to say it to a boy I like. But here I am, using it freely.

"Oh yeah? What changed?" He says with his eyebrows raised and with hope in his eyes.

"You, you dumbo. You don't make me feel so weird about it. I just feel safe when I'm with you. So yeah, Jungkook. My answer has changed."

"And what's your answer?" He says.

"My answer is I love you." I said, gathering up all the strength I had. He chuckles and kisses my cheek. I blush at his action before looking up at him again.

"I love you too." He says, scooting closer to me on the bed.

"I feel like I should tell you this. I don't know why but just listen. I've never had a boyfriend in my life. Even at my school, there were just not a lot of people that were my type. And because I joined the company at an early age, I didn't really ever have time to hang around with guy friends. So you're basically my first."

"Oh. So if I screw up, it'll leave you heartbroken.", He says sarcastically. I stay silent because I was surprised of how casually he said that as if it's so easy to hurt me. I blink a few times, trying to think of what to say and how I can respond to that. "I'm just kidding. I don't want to hurt you. Even if I do, I don't have the intention to. I really hope I don't hurt you in the future." He says combing my hair with his fingers.

"I'm glad to here you say that. I promise I won't hurt you too okay?" I said.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaehwa and Jungkook who? We only know Taekook. Or Jikook because I ship both. What are your ships in BTS? You probably don't care but mine are VMINKOOK, SOPE, and NAMJIN.

 What are your ships in BTS? You probably don't care but mine are VMINKOOK, SOPE, and NAMJIN