chapter 16 | together

Jaehwa's POV

"This is Jungkook-" But before I could say anything else, she interrupts.

"Oh my god. You guys make such a cute couple. I swear. Aww. I can't believe my Jaehwa has a man by her side now." She says smiling hugely and nudging my shoulder with a smug face.

"Woah, calm down, eonni. Before you get too excited, he is my friend. We are both idols and we just happened to meet each other here." She frowns.

"Just friends, huh? Well, I'm just saying. You two would look cute together. Hey.. If you ever ask her out, I got your back. But break her heart, I will break you, okay?" She says pointing her finger at the both of us. We chuckle awkwardly as I slowly push Sooji away of embarrassment.

"I was just about to take Sooji out to dinner. Would you guys like to join? It'll be like a double date." Liam says.

"Again, we're not together." I say awkwardly.

"Not yet." Jungkook says smirking. Last time he said that, I thought it was a joke but why is it making my heart rush now?

"Umm. Anyways.. Sure. If that's okay with you. I guess I should change. I have an extra pair of clothes." I said, taking out my backpack.

"Oh yeah. Same here." Jungkook says, looking through his bag.

"Okay then, let's go. You guys change on our way out at the bathrooms." Sooji says. We all hurriedly rush out, quickly changing before making our way over to the restaurant. Liam put his arms around her shoulder as I smile at how cute they are. They were walking in front of me and Jungkook. Woah, wait. Where is Jungkook? I swear to god if he's hiding. As I was sort of in a trance of the cuteness in front of me, Jungkook comes and picks me up from behind and starts running. I held into him as I was scared to fall.

"Oh my god. You guys are so cute." Sooji says. I laugh at her. Jungkook stops as we reach the restaurant that Liam had recommended. It was by the hotel and it was a bit cabin themed. It was really cute. We walked inside as Liam has a reservation which I'm thinking he changed to four people. Wow. Sooji found a good guy. We sit down as the waiter gives us all menus. One word on the menu caught my eye.

"Ey. Sooji." She looks up but glares at me as I noticed my mistake.

"Sorry, eonni." I said emphasizing the word.

"Do you want to get the usual?" I say with the face that said 'you know you want it'.

"Um.. Is that even a question?" We order our food. We didn't have to wait so long but while we were, we talked about how we were doing with our lives. God, did I miss her? She was, as always, hilarious. My stomach hurts because of me laughing so much and now I'm even more hungry. The food came as it was set on our table.

Jungkook ordered a steak and iced coffee. Liam ordered jajangmyeon and coca-cola. And lastly, me and Sooji eonni ordered sushi and we both got boba. I got strawberry and she got lychee.

We all started eating as Jungkook was telling us a story about when him and Yoongi oppa was shopping for Hoseok oppa's birthday gift. And Jungkook was about to buy the present and he noticed Yoongi was gone. He went around the store and found him lying on the oranges sleeping.

As we finished our food, we stood up. Liam and Sooji looked up and were kissing. Not like you know, like full on, but like pecks. Do you get me? Anyway, I couldn't find Jungkook. I looked around as I saw him handing his card to the man. I walk over to him and I look at the receipt. Dang. This place costs more than I thought it would. The price was 300 for 4 people. I mean it's nothing compared to when the two groups gets together. Whoo! It costs more than $1000.

"Hey." I say softly. He smiles as the man hands his card back to him and takes the receipt. I observe everything he does as he smoothly talks to the waiter. Huh.. I've never seen this manly side of him before. So he could be mature if he wanted to be. Why isn't he like that at the company? I shake my head as I was spacing out. He pulls me over to him, placing his arm around me. I playfully glare at him even though I didn't mind.

"Hey guys, where were you?" Liam says.

"I went to go pay." Jungkook says.

"What? No man. My fault. I should've paid. I invited you guys." He says taking out his wallet.

"No it's okay. Thank you so much. Tonight was very fun but I think we're going to get going. You guys must have a special night ahead." Jungkook says politely. Because Liam is older than him.

"Ooh.. Okay well. You two have your own fun then." Sooji says wiggling her eyebrows.

"For the last time, we're no- You know what? Never mind." I said looking at her smiling all happily.

"It was really fun and it was great to see you again, eonni. Here's my number. Save it and we could talk or meet up." I said and she nods. Jungkook was ready to leave and he offered to take me back. So I told him the hotel was around here and we started walking. I walked literally all day and now my feet are dead. We walk back and turns out, his hotel room was right next to me. Funny, huh? I walk inside the room as I said goodbye to him.

Today was so fun. There was a lot of surprises today. I mean seeing Jungkook, meeting Sooji eonni again, finding out she has a boyfriend who she lives with now, and finally Jungkook stays in a place where there is only one wall separating us. I went to go shower and started getting ready for bed.

It was a little chilly today but it was okay. I look out the window and see beautiful stars. I put my shoes on and went outside. I felt water on my arm as I look down to it. I look up to see and noticed it was starting to rain. I was running back towards the hotel because I didn't want to get wet but also walking because I didn't want to slip. It was raining heavily. But on my way there, I noticed I left my keys inside. Gosh, I'm so stupid. I tried the office but it was already closed.

Jungkook. I run back upstairs and knock on the door.

"Hey Jungkook.. I'm sorry. Can you open the door?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my god! I know I'm so late. I didn't keep my promise so I am so sorry! Hope this makes up for it. A little. No? I'll publish another one.