chapter 26 | break

Jaehwa's POV

February was coming to an end and we have done a lot of training with dancing and singing. I'm just glad we get to have a break. For idols, it would be the time to see their parents. And I called my mom, saying I would come over. I miss my parents. I hear someone knock on the door.

"Can you get it, Eunji?" I say, even though she was calling Yoongi but she was closer to the door. I hear the doorbell ring again and see Eunji hasn't have even moved a bit. I sigh and open the door showing Jungkook.

"You come here a lot. Don't you have other stuff to do?" I ask.

"No, not really." He says, making me chuckle. I let him in as we walk over to the dining table since the couch was fully occupied with Eunji spreading herself.

"Okay so you know the week off thing?" I nod as he speaks.

"Well, my parents live in Busan and I'm planning on going to visit them. I was wondering if you could tag along." He says.

"Wait, why me? Isn't Jimin going to Busan too?" I say.

"Yeah but Jimin hyung is annoying and I feel lonely." He says pouting.

"I guess.. But, isn't that weird? Won't people question it?" I ask, wondering why he's asking me of all people. I mean, I'm flattered but.. Why me?

"I don't know.. Why? Do you not want to come?" He says so I shake my head immediately, not wanting to make it seem like I didn't want to.

"Nevermind.. So, when do we leave?" I ask.

"The flight leaves at 10 tomorrow night so we should probably already be packed and ready to leave by 9:30."

"Okay but can we stop by my parents' house first? I promised them I would go visit." I say.

"Of course. Whatever you want." He says, smiling widely.

"Okay." I whisper under my breath. I was still concerned over the fans and news. It doesn't hurt to have precautions.

"You'll be fine. They know we're best friends. They won't think anything." He says, as if reading my mind. I nod my head and look back up at him.

"Well then.. I have something to get ready for. And I have to go make food for tomorrow for the others before I leave." I say.

"You're always taking care of other people. Make sure you're taking care of yourself too." He says. I blush at his words and nod my head.

"You too.."

"Oh and make sure you bring clothes and other stuff you need for one night." He says before leaving.

"Why? I thought we were only staying for the day."

"I was thinking maybe one whole day. I mean every time I go, they make me stay over." He says smiling normally. "Come on. Please just trust me on this... For me?" He says.

"Fine." I nod as he leaves. I close the door, sighing. But this sigh wasn't frustration. I felt happy instead.

"So.. Since when did you and Jungkook get so close? Are you going to tell me you guys are dating?" Eunji says.

"Oh so now you're responding. And no, we're not dating. It's all on friendship level." I respond.

"Mhmm.. And you're sure about that?" She says as I ignore her. I go back to cooking.

--- Next Day ---

It was about 12 o'clock. I had two hours for Jungkook to be here. I guess I can go check my stuff in my suitcase. We're going by plane because than it'd be easier and it only takes one hour so it's shorter than going by train. So I have clothes that could last me a week. Okay.. Maybe I went a little overboard because I couldn't choose an outfit but. It doesn't matter. As long as I can have fun in Busan. It would be a waste if I went there for nothing. Okay, checking.. Toothbrush, hairbrush, skincare, just in case, my camera. I want to take pictures of the ocean. Just in case, a swimsuit, some accessories like sunglasses, hats. Some other things. Oh and passport, money. I think that's good enough. I start to pick out my outfit for today. And since I'm going to the airport straight after, I should already be dressed. Or actually I could just dress up before staff picks me up from my parents' house. I mean, I'm going to stay there for a while.

 I mean, I'm going to stay there for a while

Jaehwa

I hear a knock at the door and knowing it was Jungkook, I open it, smiling.

"Hey.. Okay. I'm ready to go."

Jungkook

Jungkook

The staff finally drops me off by the door. And as the gentleman Jungkook is, he walks me to the door. I ring the doorbell before hearing loud footsteps. The door opens as I instantly see my mom's big smile.

"Oh sweetie!!" She says bringing me into a hug. She looks behind me and pops one eyebrow upwards.

"You brought someone?" She says, questioning me.

"Oh. He just came to drop m-"

"Oh then, why don't we invite him in? What's your name, sweetheart?" She says. She just did the exact thing I was afraid for her to do. I love her and my dad too but they can sometimes be pushy or assuming.

"Hi.. It's very nice to meet you. I'm Jeon Jungkook. And umm.. That's nice of you to ask, but I don't think Jaehwa needs me here."

"Oh nonsense.. Stay over for dinner. And Jae. Considering you and your schedule, I'm assuming there's a time you need to be somewhere?" My mom says smiling.

"Umm.. Yeah. Actually, Jungkook wants me to come to Busan to see his parents." I say and before I can continue talking, my mom starts talking. Again.

"Why? You guys dating or something?"

"No mom. I.. I just... Never mind. Mom, can you just let us in?"

"Oh yeah sure.. So what were you saying?"

"Jungkook and I have to be at the airport by about 9:45. I need to take a shower before I leave too so I think we should get ready by 9." I said.

"Oh okay. It's 2:30 right now so we have time." She says.

"So both of you get comfortable. Your father will be back soon and I'm making one of grandma's recipe." She says as my face lights up.

"Really?!"

"Yeah. Jaehwa, your room, upstairs. Why don't you go show Jungkook?" She offers.

"Yeah I guess. Come on, Jungkook.", I said as we both headed upstairs. "Anyway, this is the bathroom and..." I just basically toured him throughout the whole house as my mom cooked downstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not going to spoil anything but I am so excited for this. So I will probably post two more chapters. TODAY'S SPECIAL!