chapter 24 | time's up

Naeun's POV

--- Skip ---

Namjoon and I found two more of the clues. One being, 'A story, they say, can take you away, but a book still needs a place to stay.' and the other clue was 'My life can be devoured. Thin, I am quick. Fat, I am slow, and wind is my foe.' Namjoon found both of these but I solved both of them. The answer to the first clue was a bookshelf and the next one was a candle.

"Okay.. I'm thinking maybe we shouldn't split up. I mean it may take up a little more time but maybe two eyes will be better than one." Namjoon suggests.

"Yeah. Definitely." I say as we both head off to the game room first because we saw a bookshelf in the beginning in Mirae and Tae's room. As soon as we got to the room, we start searching for something in the bookshelf. I accidentally knock over one of the books called 'True Love' and an envelope falls out along with a pink puzzle piece.

"Oh! You found the piece." Namjoon says as I was still focused on the book.

"You okay?" He asks as I was still pretty serious about the book. I pick the book up and read a highlighted part. Why would a book from a made up place be highlighted? Maybe the staff placed used books here. I read the part as it goes, 'Although I have a whole different life which others cannot see, I still want to fight for this love.' That's weird..

"Okay.. Let's go get that candle. But wait, which room seems like the place to have a candle?" I say.

"Um.. Well a dark room or maybe a room that wants to make something aesthetic, I guess." He says.

"Well, our home base is really dark but they said hints wouldn't be at our our home bases. Maybe Jimin and Hoseok's room?" I say.

"Sure.. Let's go check it out." We both walk over to the room. As soon as we went into the room, there was a candle on the counter, just standing straight.

"That was so much easier than I expected it to be." I say.

"Yeah.. Anyway, I got the piece. Wait, there's more to it.." I look into the envelope as there was a red note.

"Wait, why would there a note be so easy to be found? Okay whatever.. What does it say?"

"It says, 'What's black when you get it, red when you use it, and white when you're all through with it?' Black then red then white.. Maybe something you burn." Namjoon says.

"Wood? No wood doesn't turn white. After, it turns dark brown.."

"Ooh! Ooh! I know. It's charcoal!"

"Wait, one of the rooms is a cafe so maybe there would be charcoal there." I say. We both went looking for either a bag of charcoal or a grill that has charcoal containing in.

Taehyung's POV

Jimin was acting kind of weird now so basically I was looking for clues on my own. I went to go look in Namjoon and Naeun's room and Jin and Mirae happened to be there.

"Hey guys! You guys okay there?" I ask. They signal for me to come over. I walk over hurriedly as I sat down with them.

"We are pretending to look for clues but we aren't actually even trying." Jin says winking.