Chapter 4

It was Thursday and I kept telling myself ''I'm seeing Slash tomorrow''. I had all kinds of emotions running through me; no one but me knew how much I adored that man. He was my childhood love, by biggest crush many years back. Now I appreciated him for who he is and for his incredible talent.

No one in New York or around it wrote to me about the free ticket, but it didn't surprise me because all in all, I didn't know anyone here after five years or studying in Sweden. Honestly, I didn't mind going alone. I had been to concerts alone and it was not bad at all, I actually loved it.

I occupied myself with making food, listening to music out loud - forgetting all about my neighbors, going to the gym and going for a walk in the cold evening air. And guess what? I fucking used Jeffrey's gloves to keep me warm. I had one or two of my own pairs but my ass decided to take his, because they were Jeffrey's. I smiled to myself at how ridiculous I was and taking the courage to grab my phone and text him about the gloves, I saw that he'd texted me 40 minutes ago. I almost dropped my phone.

Jeffrey I'll go to the gig with you :)

Holy shit. Oh my god. He wanted to go with me. One of the most handsome men on earth wanted to go with me to see my idol. How do I manage to keep calm when I'll have my idol in front of me and Jeffrey Dean Morgan next to me? My birthday was going to be the best so far.

Me Really? You like Slash?

Jeffrey I love the man, he's badass as fuck. When does it start?

My heart was still beating hard against my chest.

Me 8:30 pm but I'm surely gonna be there at least one hour earlier. You coming 8:30?

I waited for an answer but my phone started ringing instead. Jeffrey was calling. Like, what the fuck? I answered and brought the phone up to my ear and I smiled to myself like an idiot.

''Hey, sorry, it's easier to call'' he spoke in that beautiful, deep voice and I thought I was dreaming. ''Iris?'' fuck, I forgot to respond.

''Sorry'' I giggled nervously. ''Awesome that you wanna come'' I continued, unable to find something else to say.

''Of course, it'll be fun, I love me some good music'' he said and I smiled even more because he liked the same stuff as I did. Ugh, someone punch me in the face, it was definitely not real and I was dreaming.

''So what are you gonna do? Are you coming at 8:30 or?'' I asked, my voice steadier than before.

''Nah, I'm picking you up whenever you want'' he said and I froze again. I had to repeat his words a dozen times in my head and I forgot to reply again. ''Uhm, if you want, of course'' he continued, probably feeling awkward because of my stupid silence.

''Oh yes, of course, that'd be great'' I said excitedly; I was dumbfounded. He was going to pick me up. Wow. ''Do you remember where I live or do you want me to text you the address?''.

''I remember, don't worry'' he said and I smiled again. At this point my cheeks were hurting.

We talked some more details about tomorrow and then I went to sleep with Jeffrey and the upcoming day on my mind.

I blow-dried my long, brown hair before I got my face ready for the fantastic night I was about to have in just two hours. I took time with my makeup, as I always did. I did a dark brown, smokey eye look combined with my favorite nude lipstick and put on earrings and all the bling bling I usually wore. My outfit consisted of my all time favorite skinny jeans that made my legs look amazing and hugged my ass so nicely, and one of my Slash t-shirts that I had cut to make it look more sexy.

After receiving Jeffrey's text saying that he was outside, I quickly looked at myself in the mirror and I smiled; birthday girl looked good today. I put on my boots and my leather jacket, grabbed my phone and left.

I got outside and the air got sucked out of my lungs; no, although it was cold as fuck, it wasn't the winter air that caused that. It was Jeffrey who did; good lord, this man came to pick me up on his bike and he looked like heaven sent him.

''You ready to see the man with a hat and a guitar?'' he asked as he helped me up on the bike

''I'm probably gonna cry my eyes out, but I'm as ready as I can be'' I confessed, knowing damn well that I was going to have a break down at the gig, or something like that.

''Buckle up, Iris, we're going for a ride'' he smirked as he took my arms and wrapped them around his torso, causing the butterflies in my stomach to go crazy. ''Hold on tight''.

20 minutes before the gig, Alice called me on FaceTime. ''Happy birthdaaaaay, you amazing, crazy human, I love you so much. You're 23, old as fuck now'' she yelled and I couldn't help but laugh at how excited and loud she was.

''Hey, it's your birthday?'' Jeffrey asked, obviously hearing the loud-ass that my best friend was. I nodded happily and out of nowhere, he pulled me into a hug. It gave me vertigo, I was dizzy. I wrapped my arms around his body to hug him back and for a moment it felt like I never wanted to let go. ''Why didn't you tell me? Happy birthday, honey'' he said and I thanked him dearly.

Just as I said goodbye to Alice, the lights went off and everyone started screaming. Excited and shaky I looked at Jeffrey who was surprisingly already looking at me. ''You ready to rock, birthday girl?''.

''Hell yeah'' I said as I started screaming along with the others, ready to see my favorite guitar player in the world.