Chapter 9

Our lips separated and Jeffrey took a step back. ''I'm sorry for that'' was the only thing he said before he changed the subject to talk about what we'd have for breakfast.

''For...for kissing me?'' I asked, my voice coming out too shy for my liking. Please don't say that you didn't mean to kiss me, please don't be sorry for kissing me. Please.

He stopped what he was doing and turned around, approaching me again. Taking my face between his hands, he looked straight into my eyes and smiled.

''Sorry for kissing you? Baby girl, I don't fucking regret kissing you, don't you even think about it'' he kissed my nose. That was it for me, I was crazy. Crazy about him. ''All I'm sorry about is hurting your cheek'' he kissed my hurt cheek, winked at me and turned around again.

I wanted to take a taxi home, but Jeffrey wanted to drive me so I went for it. Damn, I couldn't wait to buy my own car and be able to drive around by myself, without needing a taxi and without feeling like a burden when Jeffrey drove me home. We blasted music and sang our lungs out together during the whole ride and it felt so good, so comfortable.

''Thank you for letting me show you the world of Harry Potter'' I said dramatically before I got out of the car.

''Thank you for showing me it, it was worth it'' Jeffrey replied with a large smile on his face, wow.

''I'll talk to you soon'' I said as I opened the door to leave the car. I didn't really know what to do, should I kiss him goodbye? Were we something? Before I could think further, he went around the car and opened the door for me.

''It's been a great weekend'' he said as he grabbed me to hug me tight. I buried my face into his pullover and I smiled at how he always had that nice scent of his that I couldn't put a finger on. It was masculine and it was rough but in a good way. Fuck, it made my insides shake.

I entered my building and as I reached my apartment door I hear Jeffrey enter the building while calling my name.

''Iris, wait'' he was making big, rushed steps towards me. ''Let me take you out sometime soon. Like very, very soon'' he smiled as he breathed heavily. My heart pumped in my chest as I looked at him and saw how handsome he was just by standing there.

''How about Friday?'' I asked, wanting it to be a day when I wouldn't have to worry about going to sleep early because of work.

''That's like one year away but patience is the key, isn't it?'' he took slow steps towards me and my breath caught in my throat. This man? This man was the most beautiful human I had ever met. Ever.

Being close enough to me, he told me ''Come here'' as he placed his hand under my ear, grabbing me and pressing his lips into mine before I could say something

Being close enough to me, he told me ''Come here'' as he placed his hand under my ear, grabbing me and pressing his lips into mine before I could say something. Not that I had anything to say anymore anyway. He pushed me gently against the door and pressed his body into mine, kissing me as if he'd been starving for years. I was getting fired up, grabbing his jacket to pull him even closer into me, as if it was possible.