Chapter 23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG0yUnvfVRA

There was one week left until I'd go back to work; summer break would be over soon. Jeffrey had left for Europe last week, for two weeks. There were interviews he had to attend, there were meet and greets with fans, more interviews and so on. 

I woke up alone once again. It was awful to wake up to an empty bed since I was so used to have Jeffrey next to me every morning. There was nothing I could do about that though, so I didn't let it affect me too much. I made breakfast for both me and the dogs and then I went to check on the other animals. Later on, one of Jeffrey's closest friends would come to help with everything, though I felt like I could do it myself. The help would be appreciated when I'd start work though. 

I decided to clean the house out of boredom before sitting down to actually prepare for the upcoming week; the lessons wouldn't plan themselves. Since I had so much time alone and nothing to do I decided to plan two weeks' worth of lessons to rid myself of stress next week. 

The day had gone by fast since I occupied myself with work. It was now evening and I was watching stuff on Youtube while scrolling Twitter when a notification had my attention instantly. A girl with the username @neganinmypants wrote ''I hope that @IrisAlton doesn't mind the pics from today's photo ops''. I wanted to just ignore it and I tried, but not hard enough. A few seconds later I clicked on the girl's profile that led me to other profiles of people who had taken pictures with Jeff that day and my mouth dropped. 

I knew from before, from when I was just a fan that Jeffrey would take pictures like that sometimes, but fucking hell did this hurt. In the picture I was looking at he was cupping a girl's face while they were looking into each other's eyes. That's fine, I knew he'd always do that pose if fans asked for it and it didn't mean anything. What bothered the fuck out of me was that the girl was grabbing his ass in the picture. Like what? Did he just let her do that? Nice one, Jeffrey. 

Frustrated and annoyed, I decided to watch a movie to keep my mind off of the shit. 30 minutes into it I was bored, but mostly still angry and the movie definitely didn't do anything to distract me. I didn't want to call Jeffrey to confront him because I didn't feel like hearing him. It was still early in the morning where he was anyway, he was probably sleeping. 

Lonely. It was around 11 pm and I was so fucking lonely. I loved spending time with myself and I had nothing against being alone, but right now I was feeling lonely. It was Saturday for fuck's sake, I had to do something. So I did. I called Katie and asked her if she wanted to go out, get drunk and dance the night away. Although she was tired from helping her brother move, she decided to come. 

A great number of shots and a few glasses of gin & tonic later, Katie and I were dancing the night away. Although I was drunk, my brain was still playing with images of Jeffrey. He was always there in my mind even when I was angry at him. Fuck, at one point I wished he was there with me, but then I remembered the photo and I took it back. Maybe it was mean of me, but fuck it. 

It was late, way long after midnight and Katie and I were waiting for a taxi when something across the street caught my attention. It had neon lights around it and it looked so tempting that I grabbed Katie's hand and dragged her with me, zigzagging across the street. 

''Wait, are you serious?'' she slurred. 

''Fuck yes I'm serious'' I pushed the door open and went to the first person I saw. ''Tattoo me'' I pointed at my ankle as I barely kept my balance. 

''Uh hello to you too. What will it be?'' the tattoo artist asked me. 

''This'' I showed him a picture of what I wanted and he got to work. Surprisingly I didn't feel anything, probably because of the alcohol and because I was laughing at Katie's drunk face all the time. 

The process was over in what felt like a second and when I looked at it I gasped. I had always wanted a tattoo to represent my love for dogs, so I got the outline of a dog's head. I took a picture of it and posted it on Instagram - ''niight activitiesss'' in the description. 

''I can't believe you did that'' Katie said as we left the studio. ''And I can't believe we missed our taxi'' she started laughing. 

''Sorry, girl, it was so tempting, I had to do it'' I gave her a hiccup in the face by accident and she started laughing hilariously. 

I was receiving a lot of notification on my Instagram post - or at least I thought it came from that, 'cause my phone was blowing up. I would check it out later. We called a cab again and after 15 minutes we were finally on our way home. My phone was vibrating in my pocket and even the driver could hear it - or maybe he thought it was a vibrator. The thought made me giggle by myself.  

''Maybe you should check that out'' Katie said as she had had enough of the whole backseat vibrating. 

Rolling my eyes, I unlocked my phone to see a few notifications from Instagram, but what caught my attention was the 15 missed calls from Jeffrey. There were some texts too, but I was quite dizzy and didn't feel like reading them; I was still angry. I was about to put my phone back in my pocket when it started ringing again, Jeffrey on the screen. Fuck it, I answered. 

''Hello'' I said with lack of excitement. 

''What the fuck? I've called you a million times, what the fuck are you doing, Iris? Out at 3 am getting tattoos?'' he was almost screaming but he seemed to try to keep calm. He sounded furious but I was too. 

''At least I'm not letting strangers grab my ass, like you do'' I replied before I hung up.