Chapter 34

As I wrapped up the lesson and my students left the classroom, I couldn't stop thinking that in two hours I'd be on a plane to San Diego to surprise Jeff. I hadn't seen him in almost a month, because he was on tour a lot, meeting fans and having interviews, photo shoots and what not. He didn't know I was coming to see him though, it would be a surprise that I had planned in advance with Norman. 

Once I landed it was quite late at night, but not insanely late so I wasn't too tired. The angel that Norman was picked me up and drove me to the hotel where Jeffrey and the cast were staying at. I didn't know why, but I was nervous. Maybe it was because I was still so crazily in love with Jeffrey that I was excited and nervous to see him, just like in the beginning. 

Just before entering the hotel I received a text from my one and only. 

Jeffrey fuck, I know you're sleeping right now but I miss you so fucking much I'm going insane. 

I smiled at my phone before stepping inside the hotel and immediately taking the elevator to the 12th floor to surprise my love. Fortunately, Norman had the second card key from Jeffrey's room and the other way around, so he gave me it and I could enter the room without knocking or Jeff noticing me. Maybe it was a bit rude, but he was my husband and I guess it didn't matter as much. The fact that Jeffrey Dean Morgan was my husband, that I had taken his last name and was married to him was still quite unbelievable to me. Sometimes I had to stop and think about it to make sure it was real. 

I tried to be as quiet as possible when I entered the room and closed the door behind me. To the left side was the gigantic hotel bed, but it was empty. The bathroom door was open, so he wasn't there either. I looked in front of me where the balcony was and I saw Jeffrey sitting on one of the chairs there, looking at the view. He was holding his phone, his eyebrows furrowed; I didn't think he was angry, he was probably just thinking. Maybe about his job, the dogs, the farm, me. 

It was insane how he didn't see me, but I felt creepy standing there and looking at him, so I sent him a text. 

Me That's about to change :) 

I laughed for myself as I watched his confused facial expression when he saw my text. He was so cute, holy crap. 

Jeffrey What do you mean???? 

After that I quickly went to the balcony so he could see what I was talking about. His face expressed confusion, then shock, then pure happiness. His eyes lit up immediately when he saw me and he jumped out of the chair to pick me up and spin me around. 

''No fucking way'' he yelled as he held me so tight I could barely breathe. He buried his face into my neck as he held me against him and I could feel his heart beat fast. One month felt more like one year, I couldn't believe how good it felt to be held by him. ''I can't believe you'' his voice was loud from happiness and I was so glad that my surprise was successful. 

''I had to see you'' I told him as we broke the hug and I held his face between my palms to look at him. He was tired, it was visible, but the beauty was there nonetheless; it was always there, no matter what. 

''You're fucking unbelievable, holy shit'' he looked at me with the largest smile and joyful eyes. He reached for my face with one hand and gently caressed my cheek with his thumb. ''God, you're so beautiful. I missed you so much, baby girl'' his voice was now lower, making my body vibrate when he spoke. He leaned down, his face getting closer and closer to mine until his lips met mine in a kiss I heavily longed for. Fuck, it felt so heavenly to kiss him after a month of not being able to be with him. We kissed so passionately, craving for each other's lips like crazy. We kissed so hard I thought I would collapse from the love transmitted between us.  

''I missed you'' I whispered to him as we broke the kiss to catch our breaths. 

''Thank you for this, I couldn't take it anymore...being away from you'' he said before kissing me again, lifting me up and taking me to the bed where we made hard, sweet, wonderful love. 

✧

I sat in the audience as I watched Jeffrey being interviewed by James Corden who kept giving him compliments. My husband blushed like a teenager as James told him how he was one of the most handsome men in the world. He was the most handsome one. 

In the car back to the hotel I couldn't stop looking at Jeff. San Diego was beautiful and there was so much to see, yet my eyes were on the man of my life. He was art, beauty, perfection; he was my world. 

''What do you wanna do now?'' he asked me as he put his hand on my leg, waking me up from my day-dream about him. 

''How about we go get some food and after that we go bowling?'' I smiled. ''Maybe we could ask Norman and the others o join us''. 

''That'd be fun'' he smiled back. It was a plan. 

When the traffic light went green and we continued ahead, I looked to my right to see a bus approaching us quite quickly. I kept repeating in my head that he would stop, the light on his side of the road was red. 

I looked ahead and then back to my right again as cars had started honking, and the bus kept coming closer and closer until...until everything turned black.