Chapter 21

I wasn't pregnant. In fact, the day after taking the test I got my period and I was more than happy. 

Today was the last school day and I was getting ready to leave. It was officially summer break, not only for the students but for me too. I sighed in relief as I closed the door to my classroom and headed towards the big hall to wish my colleagues a good summer. 

When I finally stepped outside into the sun, it took my eyes a few seconds to adjust to the light, but when they did, I though I was hallucinating. In front of me, leaning against my car, was Jeffrey. My Jeffrey. What? 

He smiled when he saw me and smiled instantly. My face lit up when I saw him smile and I couldn't help but admire how handsome he looked. It was quite warm outside yet he had his leather jacket on. Nevertheless, he looked like heaven. 

''What are you doing here?'' I asked as I hugged him. 

''You're in for a surprise, pumpkin'' he said, his voice so sweet to my ears. 

''What kind of surprise?'' was he about to prank me or something? 

''It's a big surprise. More than this I can't say'' he smirked. 

''I'm hungry as fuck so I'm probably hallucinating'' I said. 

''Probably'' Jeffrey said and then laughed. 

''Kidding

''Kidding. Now get in'' he kissed my cheek and opened the door for me, like the gentleman he was. 

We weren't heading home, so I was getting more and more confused, but I trusted him so I went with it. 15 minutes later we were parked in front of the airport. 

''Jeffrey, what are we doing here?''. I was confused but I felt excitement start to take over me for some reason. 

''So, you can slap me or be mad at me, but we're going to Colombia'' he looked at me and waited for my reaction. I looked at him with wide eyes, starstruck and with an are you fucking kidding me? - in a good wayexpression on my face. 

I squealed. I jumped up and down like a kid finding out they were going to Disneyland. ''Wait, like what? Right now? You're joking'' I yelled. 

''I'm not. We're flying in like 40 minutes'' he said as he looked at the clock on his phone. I couldn't believe it, I was ecstatic. I didn't deserve him, he was too good. How many times could I say that? I couldn't stop repeating it in my head; I simply did not deserve him. 

I jumped up and down again and hugged him so tightly that he couldn't breathe until I realized something. ''We have no bags'' I screamed, panicking. I headed back towards the car, as if I could drive home, pack and drive back all under 40 minutes. 

Jeffrey then grabbed my wrist gently and stopped me from getting into the car. ''Calm your horses, baby girl, it's all done, already checked in''. 

''Wait, what do you mean?''

''I uhm, packed for you. I packed all your summer clothes with the help of Katie and Alice. Had to call them, to get them on FaceTime to show them and to let them approve of everything'' he asked, blushing adorably. Did he really do that? 

''Oh my god, you are unbelievable. This is not happening for real, is it?'' I was still shocked. We were going to Colombia, somewhere I'd always wanted to go. He knew it because I had told him all the places I wanted to go to the most. ''I love you so much, thank you''. 

It was obvious that Jeffrey loved me back. All the things he did for me...I felt loved as never before and I was grateful for meeting him, for having him in my life. He was an angel. I loved him and I hope he knew how much; I would do anything to see him happy. Anything

We arrived during the evening and checked in at a small, cozy hotel just a few meters away from the sea. It was in a more isolated zone, so there weren't many people around at night. I loved it, it was more intimate. 

After leaving our stuff in the gigantic room that was more like a suite, we checked the place out and then left for the beach. Although it was late in the evening the air was still very warm and it made the walk so enjoyable. Jeffrey and I took our shoes off and as soon as we stepped onto the sand I knew I didn't want to leave that place for a long time, though we'd be there for two weeks. 

I intertwined my fingers with Jeffrey's and started walking towards the ocean to feel the temperature. It was still so warm even at night and a wild thought came to me. Smirking, I let go of Jeffrey's hand and I looked at him as I started taking my shirt off. 

''Hey hey hey, woah, what's going on here?'' he said, looking around to see if anyone was watching. 

Without answering him, I continued taking all of my clothes off, remaining totally naked. Jeffrey was looking at me as if I was crazy, though he looked amused. Turned on too. 

Yes, I was about to go skinny dipping. There was no one around, the ocean was warm, I had never done it before so there was simply no reason for me not to do it. Running towards the ocean, I looked back at Jeffrey who stood there dumbfounded by my silliness. 

I jumped into the ocean and before I could say something, I heard him utter a ''fuck it'' before he too started taking his clothes off. He joined me and I wrapped my legs around his hips, placing my chest against his, letting my chin rest on his shoulder. He held me tightly as we stood in the water. Skin on skin, the moment was so raw, so intimate and affectionate that I couldn't keep from telling him how much I loved him. It was only him and I; the rest of the world didn't exist.