Chapter 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-VVfcnvpAA

As I entered my office for the first time I gasped in awe at its beauty. It was decent in size, but what I admired most was the black furniture and how good it looked with the white walls. I was so happy to see that I had huge windows that gave free view to the beautiful NYC; I smiled instantly at how beautiful the city would look at night from there.

As I placed my stuff on the desk, there was a knock on my door at the same time as the sound of a text from my phone echoed through the room. I turned around to see the assistant that showed me around earlier; she seemed friendly and she gave me a first good impression.

''Sorry, I forgot to give you this'' she said as she held out a white envelope. I looked at it and then at Katie and thanked her, deciding I would open it after placing my stuff around.

Remembering to check the text I received earlier, I smiled instantly. I couldn't believe it; it was Jeffrey. Were we friends now? Should I also text him sometimes? I would freaking love to be friends with Jeffrey Dean fucking Morgan so why not try? I opened the text and I thought my legs would give up on me. What the fuck?

Jeffrey Bandit and I (Honey too, but she didn't want to take a selfie) hope you have a fucking fantastic first day at work. Good luck! xojd

He fucking sent me a selfie, just like that

He fucking sent me a selfie, just like that. We'd only met 3 times and he was sending me selfies like we'd known each other for years. Not to say that he remembered I started work today. And how the fuck could someone be so handsome? I had to sit down, my legs felt like jelly as I looked at the picture.

Me What a pretty boy! I'm gonna loooove it here, I've got such a nice office, all by myself :)

Jeffrey Me or Bandit?

Jeffrey Glad you love it! :)

Oh my god. Really Jeffrey? You're not pretty, you're fucking handsome. I contemplated if I should write something flirty back, nervous about how he might take it.

Me I only mentioned the boy, not the man ;).

I did it. It brought me into an overthinking mode though, because he saw the message but didn't answer. This is it, my interaction with the one and only Jeffrey Dean Morgan was over.

Jeffrey Can I call you?

I chocked. Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap. My phone started ringing suddenly and I answered almost immediately, like a desperate one.

''Show me your office'' he said without ''hello'' or anything else. I switched to FaceTime and I showed him around as he complimented my office and its big windows. We continued talking about the job - still on FaceTime at that, as I opened the envelope only to see that it was an invitation to the magazine's 95th ''birthday'' the upcoming Saturday. I smiled and told Jeffrey in excitement as he also told me about a huge party he was going to that same Saturday.

Both jobs went well the whole week, I couldn't be happier than that. My students were polite and sweet and my colleagues likewise. Now I was standing in front of my closet, trying to decide what dress to wear. I wanted to look good, because I heard there would be a lot of celebrities there because of the famous magazine. I didn't want to feel like I didn't belong so I wanted to look and feel good.

As I looked through every piece of clothing I finally found the perfect dress; it was a burgundy velvet one that hugged my body in all the right places. I didn't show too much skin, but I felt fierce in it and that's all that mattered. I put on my gold tinted heels and left to meet Katie whom I was going to the party with since I didn't know anyone there.

The venue was a very luxurious hotel, maybe too luxurious for me, in NYC and there were more people than I had imagined. We entered the main room, gigantic one, and I gasped at how beautifully it was decorated. To my right there was a very long table with all kinds of food and dessert and I couldn't wait to get some of that. To my left there was a bar with what seemed to be very professional bartenders doing tricks and all that.

''Oh my god'' I heard Katie say and I looked to where she was looking only to say the same thing myself. Oh my god, it was Johnny Depp. I didn't know where to look first because there were suddenly so many celebrities in that room and it was something that had never happened to me.

After picking up enough food to keep us full for 3 days, we decided to go eat in a smaller room, where we thought it would be more quiet. There were a lot of people there too, but as if knowing, from the first second I stepped in, my eyes found him and everything stood still.

I thought that maybe I was just seeing things, but then he saw me enter the room and our eyes met

I thought that maybe I was just seeing things, but then he saw me enter the room and our eyes met. I felt like jelly and the plate in my hand was shaking, just like my whole body. He smiled immediately, stood up and approached me with his arms wide open, clearly wanting to hug me. I quickly put the plate of food down on a table next to me and I hugged him, wrapping my arms around his torso. His hands felt so comforting and warm against my back and I swear I could only hear my insane heart beats and nothing else. His scent gave me vertigo once again and I didn't know what to do with myself.

''Wow'' he said as he took a step backwards and looked me up and down. I blushed and looked down as if my feet were the most interesting things in the world.

''I didn't know you would be here'' I said, happy that my voice didn't tremble.

''Yeah, same. I knew I was going to a party this Saturday but I didn't know it was Time's 95th anniversary. I was actually convinced to come and now I'm happy I did'' he said as he smiled at me, so tall and so fucking handsome. Fuck, someone please slap me every time my butterflies start to go insane. ''Want a drink?'' he asked immediately after.

''Gin and tonic, thank you'' I said as I smiled up at him and I swear he looked at my lips for a few more seconds before replying. Eh, he was probably thinking about something else and didn't realize he was looking at my lips.

''I'll be right back then, don't you run away, honey'' he said as he turned around and headed to the bar. I stood there in awe, like a total idiot, until Katie shook me out of my dream.

''Uh, get a room?'' she said and I laughed, but deep inside? Deep inside I wish we could. I fucking wish.