Chapter 38

I sat down on the white bench in front of our small vacation cottage in front of the lake. The August sun warmed my skin and I smiled at the two elegant swans swimming next to each other in front of me. Taking a sip of my tea I sighed quite sadly knowing that I wouldn't be able to drink coffee for a few months; it was worth it though. 

Seeing the swans swim closer to the shore I hurried inside to grab fresh bread to feed them. 

''Hello, sweet babies'' I smiled at them as I approached them carefully; I didn't want to scare them away. I divided the bread into small pieces and held my hand out so the swans could grab it themselves. Admiring the beautiful birds and being in my own world I didn't hear Jeffrey approach me. He hugged me from behind, his hands resting on my stomach, caressing it. 

''I'm back, baby girl'' he kissed the naked skin between my shoulder and my neck and kept holding me from behind. ''Bought some peanut butter ice-cream too, you never know what you crave next. Now it's olives with bread, next it's peanut butter and next, fuck knows, but I can't wait to find out'' he laughed softly in my ear. 

I turned around laughing. ''Thank you for thinking about that'' I gave him a sweet peck on the lips. ''And thank you for being willing to just drive to the store for anything. You know nothing happens if I go, right?''.

''I do, but I just want you to be as comfortable and relaxed as possible'' he smiled at me. He was willing to do anything for me and I couldn't appreciate someone more than I appreciated him. I could never imagine I would find someone to love me as much as Jeffrey loved me. Truth was, I would do anything for him too. Even die, no exaggeration. 

''Thank you for everything'' I grabbed his hand and lead him to the bench I sat on earlier. He sat on it and I laid my head on his lap, facing him. 

We spent the following minutes in comfortable silence, enjoying each other's company before it got chillier and we decided to head inside to prepare the food to put on the grill. 

I was seasoning the chicken when I dropped the piece of meat I was holding because of the movement I felt in my belly. 

''Babe, are you ok?'' Jeffrey rushed to me from the other side of the kitchen where he was washing vegetables. 

''The baby'' I looked at him with sparkles in my eyes. ''The baby is moving'' I put a hand on my belly and felt the little kicks; the first ones since it all started. Instantly, Jeff dropped to his knees, lifted up my shirt, placed his big, warm hands on my stomach and waited for the little human to kick again. When it happened, a wide, happy smile appeared on my husband's face and it was contagious. I looked at him as he started kissing my belly, looking at me after every kiss. 

''Hey there little baby'' he said with his raspy yet sweet voice. ''It's me, your dada. You're starting to be active, aren't you?'' he kissed my belly once again. ''I can't wait to meet you, lil' human. I'm gonna love you so, so much. Your momma and I love you to the moon and back already''. 

I looked at Jeffrey as he talked to the little human I had growing inside me and I started tearing up; there was so much love in my heart for him. He was going to be a dad, the father to our baby and I couldn't imagine anyone else being that other than him. He was so excited for this chapter in our lives and his joy was contagious. I was so grateful for him and for this life. 

''I love you so much, Jeffrey'' I told him as I lifted his head up by his chin to meet his eyes. ''I love you more than I've ever loved anyone and anything in my life'' my emotions were all over the place but I knew that I was speaking the truth. 

''I love you even more than that, my sweet, overly emotional baby girl'' he kissed my forehead and hugged me before going out to check on the grill.  

I went out with the food and placed it on the table next to Jeffrey, then sat on the hammock on our large porch. Looking at my man placing the food on the grill butterflies took over me and I bit my lip. Was it all a dream or what? Was it all happening? I was married to Jeffrey Dean Morgan who was also going to be the father of my child? Woah. 

I looked at him and admired how fucking good he looked in his leather jacket. His eyebrows were furrowed, him focusing on placing the tomatoes on the grill the right way. His hair was still looking as good as in the morning when he did it and he fucking looked like Negan right in that moment. Fuck, I wanted him. 

''Jeffrey, why the fuck are you fucking sexy?''. He looked at me with a terrified look at first, but when he heard the whole question, he smirked. 

He finished placing the food on the grill before heading over to me and bending over me, one hand on each side of me, capturing me in between

''You know why, baby girl?'' his face was close to mine, the air of his mouth brushing over my lips. I felt like a teenager getting to be close to her crush for the first time; not to say that I was fucking horny. 

''Why?'' I asked, voice trembling. What was wrong with me? 

''Because...'' he kissed the corner of my mouth. ''You...'' he kissed the other corner of my mouth''. ''...are extra hormonal'' he kissed my mouth softly, letting our lips melt in with each other before we both started laughing. I was extremely emotional, turned on, close to tears all the time; hormones, nothing to do about them.  

''That still applies though. You look too good to be real'' I kissed him again. 

''I'm real, I'll prove it to you later, love'' he whispered in my ear and I swear I never felt so excited for something as I was in that moment. ''...that if you don't fall asleep before 9'' he chuckled and turned back to the grill. 

I smiled and caressed my belly as I sighed contently and closed my eyes. In four months I was going to bring a human to life, one that the love of my life and I conceived. A boy or a girl, it didn't matter to me; I couldn't wait for Jeffrey and I to meet our little human. I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life with Jeffrey, to grow old with him, to see our child grow, to live life even more than before and to love each other stronger than we'd done before. 

Last chapter! Thank you for being a part of the journey that this story has been and thank you for all the comments, reads and votes. I never thought it would get this many reads! 

Much love,

C. ♥