Chapter 17

April 22nd. 

It was Jeffrey's birthday; the day was about him and only him.   

I woke up first and went to prepare breakfast for the birthday man, who had slept at my place the past three days. Sometimes I'd sleep at the farm for a week and the other way around. 

I was way too excited, but hey, I loved birthdays. One of his favorite breakfast meals was thin pancakes, a bit thicker than crepes, strawberries and whipped cream in between, topped with melted chocolate.  So I did just that. 

Deciding I should wake him up first, I placed the delicious food on the nightstand next to my bed and started kissing him all over his face. He started giggling and half-opened his eyes to look at me. 

''Happy birthday, love!'' I exclaimed enthusiastically. ''I love you so so so much''. 

''Thank you, munchkin! I love you more'' he grabbed my face and kissed me deeply on the lips. His hair was so messy, his voice throaty and raspy, his tattoo covered skin looked ready to be kissed and his morning wood was visible through the blanket. I wanted to rip my clothes off and do him, but I was too excited for the breakfast and for the day. 

''Birthday boy, are you excited?'' I was smiling ear to ear. 

''You talking 'bout that...'' he looked down at his boner,  ''...or my birthday?'' he joked, making me laugh out loud. 

''Jeffrey, you know I'm talking about your birthday'' I slapped his arm gently. 

''I'm getting old, love'' he said. 

I shook my head. ''You're only getting hotter and hotter and I don't know to deal with it'' I admitted and he looked down, blushing. 

''I made you breakfast'' I grabbed the tray and placed it in front of him

''I made you breakfast'' I grabbed the tray and placed it in front of him. He looked at it and swallowed the saliva that had gathered in his mouth. I knew he was hungry. 

''Thank you, baby girl. I'm the luckiest man alive, no fucking doubt'' he replied before he dug in. And I was, hands down, the luckiest woman alive. 

After our 40 minute shower - which was supposed to last 15 minutes but hey, I wanted to give Jeffrey the sexy part of his present, we hopped in my car. My car, yes. I had finally bought my own car, which I'd named Sirius because it was smart and pretty, just like one of my favorite Harry Potter characters. Uh yeah, I was that kind of person. 

''So where exactly are we going?'' Jeffrey asked, still having no idea where I was taking him. 

''It's a surprise, patience''. 

''But baaabe, I need to know'' he was acting like a small kid excited to know where his parents were taking him. 

''Oh my god, Jeffrey, fine'' I rolled my eyes at his insistence, but I had to tell him at some point anyway. ''You are going to test drive the Corvette z06''. The car filled with silence and I looked at Jeffrey quickly, only to see his mouth agape, eyes wide. 

''No fucking way. No way'' he almost yelled. He was looking at me in shock. ''Are you kidding me? You really did that for me?'' he asked and I nodded, a content smile on my lips. ''I can't believe it. The Corvette z06! I've wanted to drive that baby since they announced it''. 

''I know''. Of course I knew, he talked about that car often. I knew he would be happy with his birthday present. 

''You're too good to me, I don't know how I can be so lucky. Thank you so much love of my life, I fucking love you'' he was now kissing the right side of my face all over, making me drive over the line a few times. 

When we got there, his eyes were shining so bright at the sight of the white sports car, the smile on his face too precious. My heart was filled with pure joy at the sight of him being so happy; I didn't need anything else. His happiness was my happiness. 

''Babe, come here please?'' he grabbed my hand, pulling me next to him. ''Let's take a pic for Instagram'' he pointed at the guy that was holding his phone. We posed next to the car as the guy took one million pictures. 

After Jeffrey tested the car, he was ecstatic. He had a smile on his face all the time and couldn't stop talking about the adrenaline that he had when accelerating it at its fullest. I didn't know much about that car or cars in general so I didn't have much to say, but I was happy to listen to Jeffrey and watch him be all excited. 

We were now on the beach although it was quite chilly in the evening still. We were walking along the shore, hand in hand, and I couldn't feel more happy and content than that. Coming to a stop, Jeffrey grabbed me and pulled me into him, holding me close to him, as if it was the last time he did that. 

''I'm so grateful for you, Iris'' he kissed my forehead. ''You give me so much love and I hope that I make you as happy as you make me. Please tell me if I don't, tell me if you ever feel like it's changing''. 

Placing my palm at the side of his jaw, I stood on my tiptoes and kissed his lips. ''Trust me, I am the happiest woman to ever walk this earth'' I confessed, making him smile. 

''I adore you'' he said before kissing me again, his lips so warm and soft against mine. I couldn't quite describe with words what I felt for this man, but I knew it was strong and I hoped with everything I had that he'd be mine forever. 

We spent the evening having a lot of Campari and making dinner while blasting heavy metal loud enough for my old neighbors to complain. 

''We should make this more often, it's so good'' I said as I devoured the food in front of me. 

''Definitely'' Jeffrey replied with his mouth full. ''Hey, baby girl?''. 

''Yeah?''. 

''I'm going back to work next week and I'll be there from early in the morning until late at night'' he said, his expressions a bit saddened. 

''And why aren't you excited about it?'' I asked. 

''I am, I can't wait to see Norman and the others, but I'm not gonna be able to see you during weekdays because I'll be home so late''. Fuck, so cute. 

''We can meet on weekends, love. It's not so bad'' I replied. ''Plus, I can come visit you on set when I work half-days''. 

''Yeah, you've never been on set. You should come, you'll love it''. 

''I'm sure I will'' I knew I was going to love it. Who wouldn't?

 I looked at Jeffrey and he was playing with the few potatoes left on his plate. ''What's wrong, love?''. 

''No, nothing. I was just thinking about something'' he looked at me and smiled. 

''What about?'' I smiled back. 

''Would you want to, um, move in with me?''. 

Woah.