Chapter 6

I was at the end of my third gin and tonic and because I didn't drink too often, I was already tipsy. I was conscious, of course, and I knew what I was doing and thinking, but the alcohol turned me into a more talkative woman with more courage and confidence and I didn't mind that one bit.

''I need to introduce you to someone'' Jeffrey told me loud enough to cover the music blasting loud through the whole room. I turned nervous suddenly; what if he was about to introduce me to a girlfriend? Wife? Did he have a secret wife?

''Who is it?'' I asked curiously. 

''You'll see'' he answered, smirking confidently as he looked down at me. He then suddenly placed his warm palm on the small of my back, startling my body and causing my skin to form goosebumps all over. I let him show the way until he stopped and I did so too, only to realize in front of whom we stopped. Jeffrey reached the man with a smile on his face and gave him a brotherly hug.

''Jeffrey, no. This is probably not happening'' I felt like I didn't have enough air in my lungs. ''Jeffrey I'm pretty sure I'm standing in front of Norman Reedus, as in the Norman Reedus. That's pretty much him. He's in front of me'' I knew I sounded like a total idiot, but who wouldn't? The fangirl in me had come out and there was nothing I could do about it.

''Hell yes, you are'' Jeffrey replied excitedly as Norman fucking Reedus approached me and held out his hand to introduce himself.

''So this is the girl with the name of a flower, huh?'' Norman said as he shook my hand and smiled like the angel he was. I couldn't believe it, I was frozen. ''Nice to meet ya''.

''Nice to meet you too, this is so awesome'' I said in excitement as I looked at the two men in front of me. I was living the dream. I loved the cast of The Walking Dead so much, they were all my soft cupcakes.

''Listen, I don't wanna be rude but I gotta go for now, but I promise we'll see each other more'' Norman said as he looked at Jeffrey and I. I smiled and nodded as he left. Wow, I'm sorry but that man was as pretty as never. I've had a soft spot for Daryl ever since I first started watching the show.

''I knew you'd freak out'' Jeffrey added, amused at my reaction as he sat down on the comfortable sofa next to us and I took a seat next to him.

''Well, what do you expect me to do when you just suddenly introduce me to one of my favorite people in the world? Who's next? Lauren Cohan? The whole The Walking Dead cast?'' I replied.

''You never know, honey, you never know'' he bit his lip gently as he looked at my face and I just...wow. I was speechless because I bet this man looked good doing anything. Before I could say something else, I jumped in excitement as I heard the song that was being played.

''Oh my god, I love this song so much'' I stood up and headed towards the dance floor.

''Hey, where are you going?'' he asked.

''Gotta dance'' I smiled and even though I was quite sure he didn't think of me in any other way than as a friend, I did my best walk, knowing that my ass looked good in that dress. I looked back over my shoulder to see that he was looking at me with an expression I haven't seen him have during our other three encounters.

The alcohol made me feel powerful somehow, so as I swayed my hips in a snake-like manner to the rhythm of Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar on Me, I mouthed the lyrics word by word and kept my eyes on his

Sometime, anytime, sugar me sweet

Little miss innocent sugar me

I kept dancing and moving to the song, until I saw him mouth a ''fuck it'' and started heading towards me. He eyed me up and down and right before he reached me, the song changed and he rolled his eyes in frustration.

''Too late, Jeffrey'' I said as I laughed. ''I need some air, wanna come?'' I continued as I took a few steps away from him. To my surprise, he grabbed my arm gently and pulled me back to where I was before.

''One more song. May I?'' he asked as I nodded and he rested his hands on my hips, pulling me closer to him. I was close enough to feel that pleasing scent he always had, close enough to feel his warm, whiskey breath tickle my face. I placed one of my hands on his back while the other one rested on his chest. None of us said anything; the only thing I could hear was the slow music and his heavy breaths. Was he tired? Why was he breathing so heavily? Maybe it was just the alcohol.

I wanted to rest my head against his chest and let him sway my body the way he wanted to, but I didn't know if I should. Instead, I looked up to meet his eyes but I decided to not let my face get too close to his, because the alcohol in me might do something I'd regret.

He looked at me and smiled softly causing the butterflies in my stomach to come to life once again and I was afraid. I was afraid that if I kept feeling that way every time he smiled at me, or touched me, or just looked at me, I might just fall in love like never before.

The song ended and I headed towards the balcony where I realized that it had been snowing for some time now, because the snow had stuck a few good inches to the ground. I smiled and looked up, letting the snowflakes land on my face and melt at the warm touch; I loved snow.

Suddenly I felt something warm over my shoulders and I opened my eyes to see Jeffrey covering me with his jacket.

''You don't wanna get sick, do you?'' he asked, making it sound more like a statement. True, I went out only in my dress.

''I think I'm gonna head home now'' the clock showed 2 at night.

''You want me to...Would you like to uh..Can I walk you home?'' Jeffrey asked and I was shocked that he stuttered for the first time ever. Weird.

''I'd love to, but I'm wearing heels'' I was bummed, I loved walking in the snow at night. ''I'll call a taxi'' I said as I grabbed my phone and started dialing a number.

''Hey, hey'' Jeffrey took the phone out of my hand gently. ''Let me drive you home. I've only had two drinks tonight, I'm good'' he seemed desperate somehow, but I loved spending time with him so I said yes immediately.

The drive home wasn't too long, so we only got to talk about tomorrow, that Jeffrey had an interview and I had to plan my lessons for the upcoming week. I opened the car door while Jeffrey jogged around the car to help me out, like the gentleman he was.

''Thank you for the ride'' I smiled at him as the snowflakes became more and more dense.

''Anytime'' he smiled and he reached to dry off a melted snowflake off my nose with the back of his index finger. His eyes were on mine the whole time and I couldn't look away either. I felt myself catch fire as we looked at each other like that, I swear I felt like in a movie.

''I...I should go sleep now, got a lot of planning to do tomorrow'' I smiled. I couldn't keep looking at him like that; too close, too dangerous.

''Alright, I'll get going too'' he answered as he started heading back towards his car.

''Goodnight, Jeffrey'' I waved and opened the door to the building I lived in. ''Make sure to give Bandit and Honey some love from me''.

''Sure thing, baby girl''

Wait, what?