Chapter 16

''What are you doing here?'' I asked as I looked down at the keys in my hand and stepped towards the entrance of the building. 

''I had to see you'' I felt him looking at me but I kept looking at my keys. ''Let's talk, please''. 

''Okay'' I nodded my head and entered the building, Jeffrey following behind. 

''We don't have to be here if you don't want to. We can sit at a cafe or sit on a bench'' he looked down at his feet as he put his hands in the pocket of his black jeans. 

''We're here now, so...'' I said as I entered my apartment and let the door open so he could come in too. I hung my jacket and my purse on the hanger next to my door before taking a seat on a chair at my kitchen table. Jeffrey took this as an invite to sit in front of me. I was looking at my hands as if they were the most interesting things in the world and waited for him to speak. 

''I'm really sorry for everything I said that night, Iris'' his voice sounded so soft compared to other times. If he meant it, I was glad that he was apologizing. ''Will you please just look at me?''. 

I sighed and looked up to meet his eyes and I felt a burning feeling in my chest; he looked so sad but oh my, so beautiful. When our eyes met, I could swear his pupils got larger. 

''I now know that what I heard you tell Andy was nothing but a quote from a movie. I feel horrible for jumping to such stupid conclusions and for making you think that I thought you were that kind of person'' he confessed as he looked me in the eyes and only there, his expression so sincere that I was already starting to soften up. 

''You could've just listened to me, could've just listened to what I had to say. I wish you'd just ask first, before jumping to conclusions and raising your voice'' I said. ''Just let me know what what's on your mind or if you've heard something weird, suspicious, hurtful, and I'll tell you if it's true or not. I'll explain everything to you as long as you ask me''. 

He nodded his head as he listened to me intently and leaned over the table more, getting closer to me as I spoke. He knew what I meant, I could see that. He knew that my suggestion of solving things was better than assuming things and speaking before even thinking. 

''You know, thinking like that about me and thinking that I would want to hurt you that way, really hurt me'' I confessed and he looked looked down, eyebrows furrowed, the hand on the table turning into a fist. 

''I know, Iris, I know I hurt you'' he replied

''I know, Iris, I know I hurt you'' he replied. Fuck. My name sounded so good when he said it. There was a silence of a few seconds before he spoke up again. ''I should have trusted you''. 

''You should have. I would never, ever cheat on someone'' I whispered and he nodded his head again. ''You know, when stuff like this happens, it affects me really hard. Sometimes it can be a small thing and I'll still get enormously affected by it. You should have just trusted me''. I sighed.  

''I know'' he sighed and seemed defeated, as if he didn't know what else to say other than that he knew he had hurt me or that he was sorry. ''I need you to forgive me. I don't want to lose you''. 

I looked at him and my eyes simply just filled up with salty tears that started falling down on my cheeks uncontrollably. I wasn't crying because he hurt me that night or something of that matter; I was crying because I couldn't see my life without the man in front of me in it. 

''Oh no, no baby girl, don't do this to me, please'' he got up, went around the table and got on his knees in front of me so that our faces were at the same height. 

''I'm sorry'' I whispered. Jeffrey cupped my face, wiped off the tears on my cheeks with his thumbs and looked at he with terrified eyes. 

''What are you sorry for?'' he asked and I looked down once again,silent as fuck because I was like that sometimes. ''Fuck, you want to leave me, don't you?'' he kept looking at me, his warm palms still on my face. He looked desperate for an answer. 

I nodded my head and whispered a ''No'', to which Jeffrey sighed relieved. ''I'm not leaving you'' I said after I took a deep breath and realized I should stop crying. I could see the corners of his mouth curve up into a tiny smile and I leaned my head into one of his palms. 

He caressed my lips with the tip of his thumb and I closed my eyes, letting the feeling of his touch take over me. I could sense him get closer to me and the pleasant burn in my stomach was becoming stronger in anticipation. 

''I love you so much'' he whispered, the warm air of his mouth tickling my lips. 

''I love you'' I said before his lips met mine into a kiss I had waited so long for, a kiss that assured me that Jeffrey was mine and I was his and nothing else mattered anymore. 

''I don't want to lose you for anything in this world'' he said again and I smiled. I finally smiled because I knew he meant it; his eyes said it all. I found myself get lost into those orbs that looked like honey until I realized he was still talking. ''Are you listening to me?''. 

''Sorry, I was just thinking'' I said as I chuckled. 

''What about now?'' he asked. 

I smirked devilishly and got up. ''About Andrew'' I winked at him and his jaw dropped, making me laugh. 

''Oh no, you didn't'' he took a step towards me with his arms stretched out in front of him, ready to catch me. ''Come here, you little fucker'' I started running and he chased me around the apartment, ready to catch me and supposedly tickle me as a punishment - he used to do that. When he finally caught me, he stumbled over my laptop charger and fell down, bringing me down with him. I was on top of him horizontally, laughing my heart out when I felt my ass get slapped. 

''That's for being mean'' Jeffrey said, his voice now a lower and darker. Damn. 

''Then maybe I should be mean more often?'' I bit my lip, feeling the naughtiness in me come out. 

''Yeah? Is that how you want it?'' he licked his lips and spanked my ass once again, only this time more rough. I moaned unintentionally and asked for more. Jeffrey smirked seductively before unzipping my jeans and moving them low enough to uncover my ass. 

''This right here...'' he said as he caressed my butt cheeks, ''...is gonna be fucking sore tomorrow''.