Chapter 32

I zipped up the dress and turned around to see myself in the mirror. Until now, I couldn't really understand why women cried when they saw themselves during their wedding. Tears were starting to fill my eyes up as I looked at myself. It was nothing like the day I went dress shopping and found this dress; now it felt magical, it felt real. The dress was simple, but the details made it extravagant. I loved the way it hugged my waist and how it fell to the ground like a delicate waterfall of white fabric. 

I looked around me and saw my wonderful mother wipe her own tears, her eyes sparkling with love for me. Next to her was Katie and next to her was my best friend, Alice. Both of them looked as beautiful as ever. I was so happy Alice could be there for my wedding and more so that she, together with Katie, was maid of honor. They were my only best friends, the people closest to me, the ones who had always been there for me. 

Then suddenly, my thoughts wandered to the man I was about to get married to. The man who had my heart, my love. I was getting married to someone I could have never dreamed of even getting to talk to. I wondered how he was feeling, if he was as nervous and excited as I was, if he thought about me right at the moment. Smiling to myself at the thought of him and how charming he must look, I turned around and took in a deep breath. It was time. Breathe, Iris.

Mom and the girls went to take their places and after that, it was just me left to come out. There were so many emotions going through me, there was happiness, nervousness, bliss. Stepping outside, I met my emotional father, connected arms with him and he escorted me down the aisle as mine and Jeffrey's song was played on a guitar slowly in the background. It was an August wedding in the afternoon, not too long before the sun would go down. We were getting married on our private land, right in the opening where Jeffrey asked me to marry him. It felt more special, more comfortable. 

As everyone stood up from their seats, the only person I looked at was the love of my life

As everyone stood up from their seats, the only person I looked at was the love of my life. He was looking at me as if I was something out of this world, as if he had never seen something like this before. His eyes were wet and I knew the tears were happy tears; mine were too. He stood tall, looking so handsome I swear I could have fainted. 

My father placed my hand in Jeffrey's and I stood in front of my future husband, a large smile on my face, tears in my eyes, heart full of love

''You are breathtaking'' Jeffrey mouthed to me as he caressed my hand with his thumb. 

''You are perfect'' I mouthed back, heart almost jumping out of my chest. I was overwhelmed; the man in front of me was going to be the man I'd spend the rest of my life with. 

''My Jeffrey, I cannot believe that I am marrying you, my true love, my heart's desire. When you walked into my life, it was all thanks to Bandit. He brought us together and I couldn't be more thankful to him, to our four legged being. 

Jeffrey, I vow to be by your side in all the good times and the bad. I promise to support you in everything you do and want to do and to be there for you. I promise that my love for you will ever be as strong as it is today, never ending, always blossoming. You are the flame in me, the love of my life, the man that has given me the genuine smile I wear on my face every day. 

You keep me alive, you give me strength, you are magic, love, the sun and stars. I will walk together with you and with love for the rest of my life and after that. I promise you my unconditional love and devotion. I love you, Jeffrey Dean Morgan''. Tears fell down my cheeks as I looked into Jeffrey's eyes at the end of my vow. His eyes were as wet as mine and I bet his heart was thumping as hard in his chest as mine did. 

''Iris, my love, the love of my life, my everything. I knew I loved you from the first moment that we met. Before you, I didn't know it was possible to fall in love with someone so suddenly, strongly, roughly as I fell for you. You are kind, beautiful, incredible...sometimes I watch just the smallest things you do and think I am the luckiest man alive. 

I vow to love you through all happiness, pain and hardship. I promise to hold and keep you, comfort, protect and shelter you for all the days of my life. You aren't in my heart, you are my heart. My love, I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you so much, my Iris''. Jeffrey looked at me with sincere eyes, full of tears and emotions. I reached up with one hand and wiped a tear off his cheek. What I felt? It was honestly indescribable. 

''Now...'' the Minister turned to me and smiled. ''Do you take Jeffrey Dean Morgan as your husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?".

''I do''. 

''And do you, Jeffrey, take Iris Alton as your wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

''I do''. 

''With the power invested in me by the State of New York, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride". 

Jeffrey grabbed my shoulders gently and leaned down for our lips to meet in an aflame kiss. I was now Iris Morgan, the wife of the most amazing, charming and sincere man there ever was. My heart was going crazy inside my chest, my legs felt like jelly and I was shaking, but I was happy. Oh god, so happy.