Sugar cookies

Unedited

"Can you help me?" I looked up to see Tyler. "With?" He smiled. "Make cookies." I heard B chuckle next to me. "Sure." I said standing up. He giggled before pulling me into the kitchen. B and I have been here for a week now. Patrick told us that people think we were kidnapped. Tyler and his parents were nice. We start classes Monday. "Josh." I looked at Tyler. "Yeah?" He laughed. "I asked what kind we should make." I looked at him wide-eyed. How was I supposed to tell this kid that I don't know what kinds of cookies there are. "We can make chocolate chip or sugar cookies, what one?" He asked happily as he sat on the counter. I swear this kid could be told he had one day to live and he would still be all sunshine and rainbows. "Sugar cookies?" I answered questionably. He squealed before hopping off the counter.

"What are you two doing?" I looked at the doorway to see his father. "We are waiting for the cookies to be done." His dad looked around and laughed. "How many do you need?" He asked talking about how the counters had tons of cookies covering them. "A lot." Tyler said giggling. "Why don't you go change, you're covered in flower. Josh and I have this covered." Tyler hugged before walking away. His father looked at me. "I take it he dragged you into helping him?" I laughed. "He asked and I said I would help. I couldn't really say no to him." I said. He dad nodded. "That's how my wife and I felt when our church asked us if we wanted to take him in." I tilted my head. "You mean you adopted him?" I asked. He nodded. "Yep, he was left in the doorstep of the church. He was left with a note, that I would guess was from his mom, it said that she couldn't handle what he was." Just then the oven beeped. "Cookies!" Tyler yelled as he ran in.

We were all sat at the table. It was dinner time. "Tyler would you like to say grace?" Miss. Joseph asked her son. Tyler nodded. The three all held hands. Brendon and I told them the first night that we were atheist, which was a lie... we couldn't really say that we were satanists, but they understood. I watched as Tyler said grace. Once they were done we all started to eat; B and I respected them so we wait til they are done to start to eat. "So how was school Tyler?" Mr. Joseph asked. Tyler sighed. "It was okay, I guess." Mr. Joseph looked at his son. "Are they still treating you the same?" Tyler nodded. "What do you mean?" I spoke up. "Tyler gets bullied by most of the students. There's one that's real bad though, he tends to call Tyler and "Rejected Angel"... what ever that means." B and I looked at each other. We knew what it meant. It's what we call an Angel that wasn't born in heaven, one that never worked for god. "What's that kids name?" Brendon asked. "Jasper Jordan." Tyler whispered. Brendon and I nodded. I knew what he was going to do. Tyler then gasped. "Maybe you two can scare him way when you start Monday." B and I chuckled. "We'll look out for you." Tyler smiled. "Thank you, it will be good for Tyler to have friends in school." Miss. Joseph said.