First C rank mission

(Y/n) pov

I was standing in grandpas office it's been about a week and a half since I started doing missions I even wound up completeing 4 d rank missions a day. And has impressed grandfather with my growth.

Grandpa " I believe you are ready for your first c rank mission however I cannot under my best judgement send you alone yet."

Just then Naruto burst through the door

Naruto " we want a real mission"

The rest of team 7 followed in after him Naruto and sasuke looked shocked to see me alone with the hokage oh yeah the only people who currently now about my adoption was the elders and sarutobi, I've also haven't spoken with anyone from the academy since then Sakura stared at me with a blush. Oh shit I forgot me and sasuke were the quote on quote heart throbs.

Naruto " what are you doing here (y/n) " he said while squinting confused

Grandpa " ah yes you're friends haven't seen you since the academy. Then it won't hurt if i tell them along with kakashi. You see I adopted young (y/n) here into the sarutobi family as my grandson I'm also taking on the role as his sensei."

The four looked surprised to hear that

Kakashi " lord third your mentoring this genin?"

Lord third " yes and I'm quite happy my grandson has proven to be quite the prodigy. As for your request Naruto does kakashi think your ready"

Kakashi " they may be brats but there hard working nonetheless I think they might have what it takes"

Grandpa " well I have a c rank mission ready but you can only accept it if you were to take along (y/n) with you"

Kakashi " we'd love to take along someone you speak highly of"

Grandpa had a old man come in he was explained to be the one who we were to guard on the way to the land of waves

Time skip

After we set out of town to start the mission. the old man named tazuna speaks up.

Tazuna " so they send one jonin and four brats eh this should be just full of fun"

Naruto " hey were ninja to "

Tazuna " yeah and I'm the hokage, your still nothing but a brat."

Naruto seemed upset at the old man who was drinking but we continued to walk on our way. When we were a good distance in on our journey I sensed the two people following us. Not long after they went for kakashi

The three of them were left awestruck at the " death " of kakashi

That s when I took out one of the opponents knocking him out sasuke was the only one to react but was knocked out of the way by the other on the way to kill tazuna. Before kakashi went to intercept him I threw a kunai at him when he went to dodge i kept forward and struck him in the back of the neck rendering him unconscious.

(Y/n) " you can come out now"

Not knowing what I meant the others were surprised to see kakashi alive and well walk out from behind a tree.

Kakashi " impressive seems like you were able to sense them as well "

(Y/n) " well I do have the best teacher in the village. As for you three I'm upset only one of took action if not for me and kakashi you all would have been killed."

They all look upset.

Kakashi " well atleast it's a learning experience"

(Y/n) " yeah all you guys need to do to make up for it is learn for the future. Now for you Tazuna I'm certain you know that those two who were targeting you were not a C rank
Threat. So why did you decide on a c rank mission, do you like endangering genin or are you that much of a cheapskate."

Tazuna was shocked by my words but then turned to kakashi who was just as serious as I on this topic. He then explained the circumstances of his land and how Gato fellow wants him dead because he wants to build a bridge which would end gatos monopoly.
I of course already new about this.

Kakashi "(sighs) if not for the presence of (y/n) I'd have half the mind to turn us around but I believe we can still get this mission done we will just have to inform the hokage about the details after the fact."

Tazuna sighed in relief and we continued on our way.

Time skip

the next day we reached the village in the land of waves and Naruto talked about how he met Haku but no one believed him. I just laughed and said its ok Naruto I'll still be your friend even if your crazy. This got a chuckle out of sasuke and Sakura.

Sakura " your handsome and funny "

Sasuke shook his head and put a hand on my shoulder

Sasuke " I'm glad I'm not alone "

I laughed at that he still acted kind to me I sure am glad about that even if he is a total emotional wreck.

We had Naruto help a bit with bridge construction while kakashi trained the three a bit. We stayed to protect Tazuna.

But on the third day it was a misty morning when we met a certain sword wielding individual on the bridge.