Goodbye

(Y/n) pov

Life has been pretty good I've trained and grown quite a bit. Tsunade was asked by grandpa if she could teach me about strength and healing while I also trained with might guy. Essentially I bounced around the village training with everyone from grandpa to shino.
All in all everyone is surprised by my growth. I've learned how to become tracking ninja so I was put on a  beginner bounty hunting mission. But I was surprised when I discovered my target was in a group of twenty chunin and Jonin level wanted ninja.  Tsunade  was even more surprised when I captured all of them alive. I trapped them in a vortex filled it with water and electrocuted them unconscious. After wards I wrapped them up and sealed them so I can deliver them too the village.

This combined with all of my previous achievements had earned me the right to privilege to be tested to see if I could become a jonin. I had passed it completely and became a jonin. This caught all the genin and shikamaru of guard when I invited them all out to dinner where I announced the news.

A few weeks of doing jonin level missions went by. At this point I had proven my self to be one of the higher talent level Jonin in the village. Yeah life was great until one night I came home from a mission to find the village in an uproar. I obviously went to lend a hand in whatever was causing this chaos, but there was nothing I could do. Sasuke was gone he left the village..... I knew it was going to happen but it still hurt. Naruto and the other guys were in the hospital being treated for their wounds they had all fought seriously and won except Naruto. After being explained what happened. I went home to find a note left for me.

(Y/n) " Let's see its from .... Sasuke"
The letter read

Dear (y/n) I'm sorry but I had to leave. you were just getting to strong and leaving everyone behind you in the dust. I can't stand it I have to get stronger, than you stronger than kakashi can help me. I decided to take orochimaru's offer I need to be strong enough to kill Itachi. You saw what he did he needs to pay for his crimes. I will listen to your advice you told me, just because I will receive his training doesn't mean I'll trust that snake on the contrary. I'll kill him when I'm done with him then next I'll get Itachi.
After that I'll return. But if I am to fail somewhere down the line I entrust you to kill the snake and the traitor. That being said may we atleast meet in the next life old friend.

I was shocked by these words,
To think he thought so highly of me, and even worse the pain I caused him if Narutos growth made him feel inadequate I was his first friend and I'm a jonin.  For now I'll sleep.

Time skip

Grandpa  " (y/n) wake up we need to talk " 

(Y/n) " what's up gramps"

Grandpa " Naruto left with Jiraiya to train."

(Y/n) " he left early than I thought he would "

Grandpa " so you thought so too..."

I them grew serious

(Y/n) " then it's my turn "

Grandpa " OH NO"

(Y/n) " yeah there's not much left to learn in the village except forbidden jutsu, and  I don't feel like pulling an orochimaru."

Grandpa " I knew this day would come... Listen grandson just promise me you will return"

I hugged him

(Y/n) " damn right I will"

I packed my things and said my goodbyes.
I decided to kiss Ino's and Hinata's cheek before I left.

Over the next few years I traveled the world.  I Fought in the civil war of the hidden mist as a mercenary, there I met up with Zabuza and Haku. They wee shocked to see me but even more so when they discovered I was a jonin. Regardless we fought on the side of mei terumi whom I had the pleasure of befriending. I stayed awhile even after we won because I trained with the three mist ninja and even convinced mei when she became mizukage to start an alliance with the leaf village.

Training was amazing I had learned a whole new variety of water jutsu and how to implement it in hurricane style. Unfortunately my new found fame made enemies.  I officially had a page in the bingo book I found out after leaving the mist when bounty hunters came for my head, None survived.

I would occasionally send messages to the leaf for official reasons such as sending the sealed heads of wanted criminals. Or gathered information.

I traveled to the sound village when I heard they were experiencing a serious drought. There I met the new Kazekage gaara who seemed to remember me quite favorably I may add. There I had produced over ten million gallons of water and helped establish a revamped irrigation system. I had officially befriended the sand trio and had learned how to use puppets from kankuro who was surprised by my experience with chakra threads. I had even learned much more about wind style  I could now overpower temari with wind.

I had travelled around and met many jinchuriki who I befriended and trained with. But I eventually settled down in the land of samurai where I trained as a samurai. They were surprised when Mifune took me as a student.

I had to be reprogrammed I had to learn to fight without use of chakra or any ninja style what so ever after six months I mastered it. When I departed I was only second to Mifune himself.
The entire time I never removed my training weight only increased it.

I had spent the rest of the time exploring ruins I even discovered more about the lost history of the world. In a ruin I discovered to be a old temple dedicated to the sage of six paths I found ancient documents on a technique similar to sage mode the transformation was called spirit mode, it tapped into the energies of death instead of life. I had spent the rest of my time mastering this. On contrary to what the ancient civilizations thought it wasn't evil it was just the yin to sage modes yang.

By the time I realized It had spent a ridiculous amount of time perfecting spirit mode. Seems like I'll return after Naruto even worse I hadn't made contact with any civilization for a year and a half do to my isolation in ruins. I better return before I lose my opportunity to help I wouldn't be surprised if the akatsuki have acted