Tough choices

(Y/n) pov

In the aftermath of the immortal showdown I was surprised to learn that Naruto's  wind Rasenshuriken  was actually more powerful than what it originally supposed to be instead of destroying kakazu on a cellular level he was also so damaged it went to a atomic level. The reasoning for this was  apparently my guidance in wind natured jutsu, which led him to have a better  grasp of the attack and the wind chakra cuts to finer precision. Unfortunately the blow back is also worse, thank god for jinchuriki healing abilities Or else he might have lost the ability to use his Hand. Thus the move was banned until further notice. Naruto on the other hand was awestruck by this power he held, claiming if he becomes strong enough to freely use the jutsu he could save sasuke.

I on the other hand was absolutely dreading what was to come. Two very big events the death of Itachi and Jiraiya. The problem is though I can only save one, but I may not be strong enough to do even that. The problem I'm facing is I'm aware of my killing potential but not what I can do to save people. I decided I need to take matters into my own hands.

(Y/n) " grandpa, Tsunade, I need to learn flying Raijin"

They both looked at me surprised and skeptical. That was until grandpa took a puff from his pipe.

Grandpa " and why would you need to do that"

(Y/n) " I wish to become faster in order to save lives, if I were to learn the jutsu I could teleport injured off the battlefield."

After telling him the truth they both thought for a moment until Tsunade spoke up.

Tsunade " it could be quite beneficial with the akatsuki it could help to have someone who can get in and out of battle in a moments notice, this could give us the upper hand in future encounters."

After further debate a agreement was came upon. And that was save as many people as possible using the jutsu.

I was given permission to read the scroll and use it under supervision then return the scroll. Within two days I learned the basic of the jutsu, but was far from mastering it. So I decided I will learn to master Shisui's signature body flicker alongside it. That way I can  use both with great precision along side each other.

During my first week of training I had seen Jiraiya at the bathhouse, there I discreetly put a permanent mark on  the back of his neck, not that he would notice with the hair in the way.

After a few weeks of training I had decided I'd take a mission. Turns out they need a replacement jonin for Kurenai since she is heavily pregnant. I Decided I would take the mission because I could work
With himata and possibly get closer to shino and kiba, But most importantly I could help train them. 

So I waited for my squad a training field 8. When they arrived they were shocked to see me.

Kiba " what are you doing here?"

Hinata " (Y/n)!"

And shino remained quiet and stared.

(Y/n) " hello everyone I will be your stand in jonin for Kurenai ( glances at Hinata with a smirk) feel free to call me sensei"

Unnoticed by the two males I caught Hinata blushing, aw how I love to tease her. I had decided I would train the group for about a week then go on missions. I had taught shino how to use cicadas for genjutsu he was surprised at first when I came up with theory, but after a few successful attempts he was greatful for the help. Shino was also expressed his long awaited appreciation that's I had soared his insects during the chunin exam years ago. Kiba I had taught earth style to which he could use in conjunction with Akamaru. Hinata was a special case I found out she had some affinity toward fire so as a Sarutobi I taught her a very special move fire style dragon flame bomb. This being a jutsu used by grandpa means it's not easy. Luckily she was excited to learn and after many failed attempts she got the hand of it. She was beyond greatful to finally have a ranged move.

So after our training I took us on a B rank mission, it was to eliminate a bandit group comprised of former ninja  who had taken over a fishing village.  When we arrived at the village we were disturbed to find all the men slaughtered and and piled outside a makeshift wall surrounding the place. This is when we decided to show no mercy. I had shino scout the place with his insects while Hinata used byakugan to make sure no one approached us. The insects informed shino that the women and children were being held in a shed. And that the criminal were mostly asleep in the different building except for a few stationed guards and a man who was attempting to drag one of the village ladies with him into a cottage by himself. I ordered Hinata to be the one to get the women and children in the shed as they wouldn't fear her. I had Kiba and Akamaru eliminate the guards, while I had shino feed his insects the sleeping enemies. I on the other hand went to take the pervert. I cut off his hand that was dragging the woman then slashed his throat  preventing him from screaming. I then calmed the lady down and led her to the others.

The mission went off without a hitch so we returned to the leaf and i dismissed the group, while I was gonna inform Tsunade about the completed mission but I was met with a dark office and a sobbing hokage. She looked up at me and said one word Jiraiya.

(Y/n) " get medical ninja now"

I then performed flying Raijin. To Jiraiya.  I immediately found myself falling into water. I saw him sinking grabbed him and teleported back.

In the office I removed the black rods impaling him, and used water style to remove the water from his lungs. I then began to heal the holes closed with medical jutsu, but his heart stopped beating. I then shocked him with lightning style until it started beating again. That's when medical ninja came and took him away.

I left to my apartment and mourned. Not Jiraiya he will be hospitalized for awhile but will make it. I mourned for the loss of Itachi knowing I was unable to save him.