The Grind

(Y/n) pov

I seen the Hinata practice striking against the wooden targets so I decided to sneak up on her. She currently does not have byakugan activated making it easier. This is actually a great opportunity to get closer to her than before. We haven't interacted much other than our initial meeting and being classmates. So I stood behind her and spoke up.

(Y/n) " Hey Hinata training I see."

She jumped from being startled. And turned around to face me.

Hinata " (y-y/n) what are you doing here." She said nervously with a blush

(Y/n) " same as you I came to train, matter of fact care to spar against each other."

She looked away an seemed hesitant until.

(Y/n) " come on I'll buy us lunch afterwards"

I said with a smile

Hinata " S-sure"

We then stood apart from each other and did the signal to each other to start

She hesitated until I threw a palm strike at her shoulder.

(Y/n) " no need to holdback, this is for us to get stronger heck feel free to use your byakugan"

She stopped and then nodded

Hinata " alright "

She activated her byakugan so I came at her for another strike. She blocked it and hit me with a gentle fist towards the abdomen. I backflipped then came at her, for the next twenty minutes we continued to trade blows at an increasingly heavier rate. Fully into the battle she went for the finisher

Hinata " eight trigrams sixty-four Palm"

Just as the attack was about to connect I dropped my center of gravity towards the ground and sweeped her legs out from underneath her. And followed up with a strike towards her neck but I made sure not to fully connect it just practice the movement. She flinched but saw me halt my forearm strike and change it into a helping hand to pick her up.

She accepted

(Y/n) " that was amazing the only thing you need to work on is your speed at setting up that attack and watching your own footwork, as for me I have to react quicker on the switch to defense on the block and counter attack. Thank you Hinata this has been enlightening"

I proceeded to lead her to a restaurant were we ordered sandwiches, I told her about my adoption and c rank mission. Which she had shown great interest in I then asked her about her team and training then asked how things were in her clan. This being our first true time talking to each other she showed great surprise in my interest in her well being when she asked about why I cared. I told her about our first meeting were I helped her and she was surprised I remembered. I told her that after that meeting I could tell she was a good person , and how I wanted to be her friend but I never knew how to approach her.

This surprised her to no end she got so embarrassed and flustered she wound up taking a rain check and leaving early . I payed for the meals and then left soon after.

Over the next few weeks I continued to train and research I even did several c rank missions by my self. Grandpa had shown me some of the clans jutsu but felt bad that I couldn't use them, so to cheer him up I created a hurricane style version of the burning ash where instead of blowing out fire and smoke. I create a hurricane like vortex form my mouth were lightning flow through out working in tandem with the water slicing the target and the wind holding it in place. The I named it hurricane style vortex.

Although it's different from burning ash it works the same way how it's activated. Grandpa was so proud of it he even took me out to ichirakus ramen. Speaking of which I have gotten in contact with Naruto and sasuke more often occasionally taking them out to eat or training with them. Kakashi has shown great interest in my improvements as well but he still doesn't know about hurricane style or my handless jutsu.

One day I ran into uncle asuma and asked him bring me along with him while he trains team ten. So he complied and brought me along. I heard shikamaru ask why he was late that's when I stepped out from behind asuma and spoke.

(Y/n) " that's because I asked to tag along"

Ino " (y/n) !?!"

Asuma then explained me being his nephew and my circumstances.

Ino/Shika/ cho " what"

Shikamaru " isn't the hokage adopting and training someone a huge deal jeez what a drag."

Choji " cool"

Ino " that's so cool you were adopted that means when we get married I'll be a sarutobi"

I laughed at that then rubbed inos head

(Y/n) " sure thing blondie but who knows I'll become a great ninja so you might have to share me"

Ino " as long as it's not Sakura I'm fine with that"

You see in the academy I got along quite well with Ino it made a lot of the girls jealous especially Sakura that's why she promised to atleast get sasuke Ino on the other hand decided she'd rather settle with me because I was actually kind to her unlike sasuke.

Soon after we all trained together and I decided to test something out now that I know my nature elements and my resistance to Itachi tsukiyomi I had a theory. With my ability to work water air and electricity couldn't I control my body through that form of chakra manipulation. So I had shikamaru use shadow possession on me and to my surprise I could completely negate its affects

Shikamaru " how's this possible"

I then told him my natures and the theory I had produced. He seemed quite interested after that when training was over and we ate at the steakhouse.

Later that night asuma and I informed grandpa about my discovery

Grandpa " You got to be shitting me you found a way to be resistant to physical manipulation jutsu and genjutsu. At this rate you might as well also learn medical jutsu to cover all bases."

(Y/n) " that's not a bad idea"

And that's how I began training in medical ninjutsu.

Authors note- I'm making two primary love interests for this story Hinata and Ino. Sorry everyone else but that's how it goes as for Naruto and Sai they gone find other people probably background characters.