Malvie - Part 1, Chapter 3

The next afternoon, Mal and Evie were preparing to eat their lunch with their friends. The fencing team had a meet that day, so Jay and Carlos were in the gym with a few other guys so Evie and Mal planned to sit with Lonnie, Jane, and a few others. They both held their lunches and stood behind a tree before approaching the outdoor picnic area where they agreed to meet their friends.

"You doing okay?" Mal asked.

"Yeah, you?" she replied.

"I'm great knowing you're alright." Lonnie and Jane sat at the lunch table, talking, when Jane spotted the two girls behind a large oak tree a little way away from the table.

"What are they doing?" Lonnie asked.

"I don't know, talking about something," Jane answered. They watched as the two girls smiled and giggled at each other. The sitting girls suddenly became shocked as they witnessed Evie and Mal lock lips for a second and proceed to hold hand before walking over.

"Did they just..." Lonnie questioned. Jane nodded.

"Hey guys," Mal said in an upbeat tone as she and Evie sat down on the other side of the table as Lonnie and Jane.

"Heyyy," Jane stated awkwardly. "Look, I'm sorry, I know this isn't any of my business and I don't know how things work on the Isle but... did you two just kiss?" she asked the girls. Mal and Evie exchanged a confused look.

"Um... yeah?" Mal answered.

"Is that how it is on the Isle?" Lonnie questioned.

"If you're in a relationship... yeah," Mal replied, still rather puzzled. "You guys kiss in Auradon too, ya know." Mal chuckled a little.

"Right but, only if we're in a relationship."

"Yeah..."

"So then why did you two kiss?"

"Because we're dating..."

"Oh!" Jane replied, shocked. She and Lonnie glanced at one another. "Does... Ben know?"

"Yes..." Mal chuckled again.

"And he's okay with that?"

"I don't know, I broke up with him."

"You broke up with Ben?" both girls shouted in bewilderment.

"Yeah," Mal stated, turning to Evie. "I liked someone else." Evie blushed.

"So, you and Evie are a thing?" Jane asked to clarify.

"Yes, Jane. How many times do I have to make it clear?" Lonnie took a deep breath before speaking.

"How do I say this? Guys, you can't be together."

"What?" Evie asked. "Why? What do you mean?"

"A girl and a girl?" Lonnie shook her head. "No, it doesn't work like that."

"Well, I think it might," Jane tried to interrupt.

"Obviously it does," Mal argued against Lonnie. "We love each other."

"It's kings and queens. Not queens and queens. Mal, you're meant to be with Ben."

"No, I'm not. I just told you, I love Evie."