Malvie - Part 1, Chapter 8

The next morning, Carlos needed to talk to Evie. He had begun feeling some strange emotions the night before when Jay and he were sitting together in bed. He didn't know who better to talk to than Evie.

"I'd like to talk to Evie," Carlos said to the guard outside their room.

"Did you bring any food?" he asked.

"No, sir."

"Then you may not enter."

"Please, I need to talk to her. It's an emergency."

"Return when you have food," the guard ordered. "I'm sorry Carlos but I'm not allowed to keep giving you exceptions to these rules." Carlos sighed and went back to his room, grabbing a brownie off his desk.

"Now may I see Evie, sir?" he asked the guard. The guard nodded.

"But, no need to keep calling me sir. My name is Brad."

"Awesome, now could you please open the door?" Carlos asked impatiently. Brad opened the door revealing the two girls still asleep. Carlos walked over towards Evie and lightly nudged her awake, he refused to wait any longer to ask.

"Carlos?" Evie asked, waking up. "What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you about Jay."

"Is he hurt?"

"No."

"Ill?"

"No.

"In trouble?"

"No."

"Then I'm going back to sleep." She pulled the sheets over her head and shut her eyes.

"No, Evie, you don't understand. I really need to talk to you... about my feelings." Evie immediately pushed the sheets off her head and stared at Carlos.

"Feelings?" she repeated, now intrigued. Carlos nodded. "Jay?" He nodded again. Evie sprang out of bed and pulled him into the bathroom. "Talk to me."

"So last night I was feeling really sad about charming and everything, so I was sitting kind of depressed on my bed. Then Jay came over and sat next to me and wrapped his arm around me. I laid my head on his shoulder and we told one another that we love each other. I've never liked guys before but... I don't know it was kind of pleasant."

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, this is so cute!"

"Take it easy, Evie, don't make a big deal out of this."

"Alright, here's my thinking: do you see yourself... being able to date and kiss him?" Carlos gave a small smile.

"I don't know... maybe..." he blushed a little. Evie opened her mouth like she was going to scream but made sure not to make a sound, not wanting to wake up Mal.

"Well, if you like him, you like him."

"But that's the thing, I don't know if I do."

"Look, see how things go and if the feelings keep going on, then say something to him. If not, just ignore it." Carlos smiled at her, thankful for her wisdom.

"Thanks, Evie."

"Anytime. I'll always be here for you." Carlos walked out of their dorm room just as Mal was waking up.