Malvie - Part 2, Chapter 1

Mal and Evie had never faced anything as difficult pretending to be straight. No one other than Jay and Carlos, who were also struggling, knew about their spells being broken. As far as Ben, Fairy Godmother and the rest of Auradon were concerned, everyone in the school and everyone who had taken the "potion" was straight. It had only been about a week and Mal was already losing her mind.

"I can't do this," she said to Evie after school on the seventh day of their lie. Mal paced back in forth while Evie was sketching new dress ideas. "I can't do it anymore. I miss going on dates with you and getting to kiss you whenever I want. Holding hands and hugging isn't gonna cut it forever!"

"M, relax," Evie said, looking up from her book. "We'll be alright. We still get to spend the evenings and nights together."

"But our love is a secret, Evie! Don't you understand? I want to be able to show how I feel about you freely and wherever I want!"

"Well, you can't, and we'll just have to accept it."

"How can you be so relaxed about this?"

"I've been doing breathing techniques."

"Breathing techniques?"

"Yeah it's my pre-therapy therapy. It helps to calm me down. You should try."

"Pre-therapy therapy?"

"Tomorrow is my first therapy session. I wanted to get a head start. I'm kind of nervous though, I don't know what to expect."

"It's a good thing you're going, E. Just remember they're there to help you." Mal walked over to Evie and put a hand on her shoulder, admiring her girlfriend's sense of fashion.

"Do you like it?" Evie asked, looking up at Mal.

"I really do," she replied. "Could use some purple though." Evie chuckled, shutting the book.

"Purple is your thing. I much prefer my dresses to be blue."

"You always have."

The next day, Evie had to wake up earlier than she would've liked to to get to therapy. Ben had told her it would be in the teacher's conference room so that's where she headed. She made sure to leave the room quietly, not wanting to wake Mal. Once she found the room, she knocked on the door.

"Come in," said a lady who sat at the table. "You must be Evie. Hi, I'm Laura and I'll be your therapist. Is this your first time?" She extended her hand to greet Evie.

"Yes, I've never been to therapy before," Evie answered slightly nervous, shaking Laura's hand.

"Have a seat," Laura directed, pulling a chair out for Evie next to her. "Today, like pretty much every other day, is all about you. You'll usually be doing most of the talking. I'll typically have some questions for you to answer but you can always talk about whatever you like. Sometimes I might give you some homework or assignments, but it won't be anything like school work."

"Good, good," Evie said with a smile.

"I want to get to know you before we dive in, okay?" Laura asked. Her voice was very calm and soothing, one thing Evie really liked about her. She had a clip board with her which Evie could see had some questions on it with spaces to write her answers.