Malvie - Part 3, Chapter 1

"Evie," Carlos said, pulling her aside one afternoon at lunch. "I need to talk to you."

"Can it wait? I'm meeting Mal for a date--" Evie began to say.

"No," Carlos cut her off. "I need to talk to you now." Evie could tell by the look in Carlos's eyes that this was very serious, and she quickly became slightly concerned.

"Okay," Evie said, walking away from everyone with Carlos. "What's up?"

"I don't know how to say this..." Carlos began. He took a deep breath, trying to stall. "I want to break up."

"I'm not dating you...?" Evie said, puzzled.

"Not break up with you," Carlos clarified. "With Jay."

"You want to break up with Jay? Why? You guys have been dating for nearly six months."

"I know and I'm not really sure how to explain my feelings... If you're in a rush to be with Mal, I guess we could postpone this."

"Are you sure?" Evie asked. Carlos nodded.

"Go make your relationship worthwhile. Mine sure isn't."

"Carlos, I want to help you. Mal can wait, this is important. You shouldn't be in a relationship you're not happy in. Believe me, you won't regret leaving, but you will regret staying."

"Actually, meet me in my room later. Go with Mal, I want to try something."

"Okay," Evie stated, beginning to walk away. "Be careful!" She jogged back over to Mal who was across the yard and waiting for her.

"Okay, I'm ready," Evie announced as she took Mal's hand and began walking to the nearby movie theaters.

"Two tickets to Frozen 2, Aria," Evie told the lady behind the counter at the theater.

"I don't understand," Aria said back as she printed the girls' tickets. "How can you come to the movies nearly every week and always pay for Mal?" Evie chuckled.

"Mal pays for the popcorn," Evie whispered back to Aria. The three of them were on a first name basis at this point, used to seeing each other around since Mal and Evie went to the movies so often.

"You guys are too cute," Aria complimented, handing Evie their tickets.

"Gays," Mal corrected with a smile.

"Enjoy your movie," Aria stated with a wave as the two girls began to walk away.

"You want butter on your popcorn, right?" Mal asked as she approached the snack counter.

"I'm not in the mood for popcorn this time, M," Evie explained. "I think my mouth might be a little too occupied anyways." She winked at Mal.

"E, you know the reason we come to the movies is to watch movies, right?" Mal laughed.

"I'd much rather look at you. You're real." Mal rolled her eyes at the comment, guiding Evie to the room where their movie would be showing.

"Hey, it's Lonnie!" Evie exclaimed with excitement, pointing her out after stepping into the dark room. "We should invite her to sit with us."

"Because nothing says, 'Watching a Fun Movie' like third wheeling!" Mal said sarcastically.

"Come on, it's polite." Evie began dragging Mal behind her, trying to get to Lonnie when she stopped dead in her tracks.