Malvie - Part 1, Chapter 7

Early the next morning, Mal woke up and got dressed, leaving the school at 5:00 sharp, knowing the prison would open at 7:00 for visitors. It should leave enough time her for her break in and get Evie out. She brought a small dagger that she had taken from the Isle when she and the gang had first moved to Auradon. It was her father's. She never knew her father, it was rare villain kids new both their parents. It was usually a short-lived relationship that caused their birth, a full family was rare to come by.

She had been given the dagger when she was twelve years old as a birthday gift from her mother. It was the only thing she had kept that her husband owned and thought Mal would want it more than she did. The blade was only about four inches long and she had no clue as to what metal it was made from. The rest was wooden, but the grip had been wrapped in scraps of leather. She tucked it into its sheath and placed it in her boot, preparing to travel to the prison and get there before day break.

"Mal!" Evie exclaimed when she noticed her girlfriend enter the hall. Mal just stared at Evie, not even giving off a small smile.

"Evie, we're leaving," she said calmly. "Please." It was like torture witnessing her girlfriend hugging a different person, a guy even.

"Mal," Evie started to say. "I'm—"

"No, you're not staying," she cut her off. "Let's just go, please." Mal was done. She didn't want to fight with Evie more than she already had. She just wanted to leave before someone came and saw them. Evie refused to go, staying close to Chad.

"How are you okay with this?" Mal asked him. "You keep saying that you want what's best for Evie, that you want her to be safe. Well, if you really meant it, you wouldn't make her stay in the prison. You asked me to protect her, Chad. And if you want me to do that, I can't have her anywhere near you." She stepped into the cell and took Evie's hand, bringing her out into the hall.

"Mal stop!" she argued, trying to pull away. "I love him." Mal's heart instantly shattered. She could feel it breaking inside her body. A part of her died and she felt empty inside. She kept silent, no words coming to her mouth. She couldn't say a thing, couldn't think of anything but the three words Evie had just said. She wasn't sure if what Evie said was true or not, but it crushed her.

"Hey!" A voice yelled. Mal immediately began to panic. The guards were here and starting their shift. Two rushed into the hall, Thomas and some other man they hadn't seen before. Thomas pulled out his taser and pointed it at the two girls who were standing outside the cell.

"FREEZE!" he shouted at them. Mal and Evie put their hands up, not wanting to get tased. "Trying to break them out of prison, huh?" Thomas asked.

"I was," Mal spoked up, lying. "Only me. Evie's innocent. She didn't do anything." Mal turned at looked at Evie who shook her head, not wanting Mal to do this. "This is my fault," Mal said, still looking at the girl. Mal was put in handcuffs and locked into the cell next to Chad's broken one. Chad was also handcuffed and placed into a new cell. Evie was cuffed as well but wasn't confined to a cell, simply told to stay put in the hall. Mal didn't look at her, she just stayed concentrated on the floor of her cell. Evie stared at her girlfriend, not taking her eyes off her.

"Mal, I'm sorry," she peeps out. Mal doesn't bother to look up, still staring at the ground.

"I'm sorry too, if I hadn't..." she paused. "If I hadn't hit you, we wouldn't be in this mess."

"If I hadn't kissed Chad, you wouldn't've hit me."

"Really, I'm sorry," Chad interrupted. "Everything is my fault. Everything." His voice was incredibly depressed as if he had just completely given up. Given up on everything. "Evie why did you show me mercy? I'm a terrible person..." he sounded like crying. "I ruined your relationship. I've murdered so many people. I've raped people. I didn't deserve your pardon... I didn't deserve Ben's pardon... I deserve to be killed. I deserved to be killed a long time ago." The thought entered his mind for a second and without thinking about it any longer, he worked to get his belt off him, pulling it off with his teeth. He looped it through the metal end and then flung it around his neck. Evie looked at him and saw what he was doing.