Malvie - Part 1, Chapter 12

~This is the final chapter for Part 1~

"GUYS!" Carlos shouted, bursting through the girls' bedroom door the next morning.

"What do you want?" Mal asked, still half asleep with Evie by her side.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't we be?" Evie asked, sitting up. Carlos switched on the TV to the news channel.

"The death count has climbed to 27 on both the Isle and Auradon. It's believed that whoever is going on this killing spree is targeting open homosexuals. It's strongly suggested everyone stay inside today and lock their doors. Due to this time of fear, Auradon has closed the school until the killer or killers have been captured," the newswoman reported.

"Holy shit," Mal whispered, completely shocked. "At least we don't have to go to school."

"Don't you get it?" Carlos asked. "We're all in danger. Who are the most well-known gays in all Auradon? Us. We could be killed."

"We've just received word that 5 more have been murdered on the Isle!" the newswoman exclaimed. "The killer is still out there. More on this story as it develops." Suddenly, the screen went black and Ben appeared.

"Greetings citizens of Auradon and the Isle. Due to these recent events, as king, I am authorizing that everyone take an anti-homosexuality potion to prevent further deaths," Ben explained. "All students at Auradon Prep are required to drink the potion for their own safety. My royal guard will the distributing small amounts of it to every dorm throughout the day. Like all potions, they will take immediate effect but will not be permanent until an hour after the ingestion. I'm not proud of this decision, as I personally know some who will be strongly affected by it, but do remember that this is for your own safety and for the safety of others. I am King Benjamin and I approve this message." The screen went black for a second and then the news came back on. Carlos switched off the TV and turned to the girls.

"This can't be real," Mal stated.

"I'm afraid it is," Carlos replied. "I'm so sorry..."

"I'd rather die loving Evie than drink that crap!" Mal yelled. Immediately after Mal spoke, Jay walked in.

"I assume you all heard Ben's announcement," he said in an empathetic voice. They all nodded. He turned to Carlos. "Carlos, I don't know when the guards will come, so I think I should say it now... I love you. I love you a lot. You've always been there for me and us. And the past week or so has been... the best and most terrifying part of my life." He chuckled. "I'll always treasure what we have."

"Ditto," Carlos said with a smile, hugging his boyfriend.

"All students please report to their dorms!" Fairy Godmother called over the announcements. "Distribution of AHP will begin shortly. Thank you!"

"I guess this is goodbye," Jay said to the girls. "Goodbye Mevie. Carlos had been shipping you two for years."

"Hey!" Carlos said, hitting Jay's arm. Mal and Evie smiled.

"It's definitely Malvie, by the way," Mal added.

"Goodbye Jaylos," Evie chuckled. "Honestly, never expected it but, ended up loving it." The two boys walked out of the room and back to their dorm like they had been told, leaving Mal and Evie alone.