Malvie - Part 1, Chapter 6

The next night, just as they had all planned, Evie met Chad at the prison at seven o'clock. Carlos and Jay had taken Mal out to see a movie and Evie had faked being sick to get out of it. Mal wanted what was best for her "sick" girlfriend and thought staying home would be her best option. Chad and Evie went out to the courtyard again, sitting together at the picnic table. Being so late in the evening, it was already beginning to get dark.

"You wanted to see me?" Evie asked, sitting down across from Chad.

"Yeah, you know, just hang out together... chat," he responded.

"I see... Jay told me Uma called. Are you two... friends?"

"Not exactly. She just helped me set this up. I don't... trust her really. She hurt one of them most wonderful people I know," he stated, gesturing across the table towards her. Evie blushed slightly, but the darkness hid it from Chad. A cool breeze swept through the courtyard and Evie began to shiver and rub her arms to keep warm.

"Oh, uh, here," Chad stated, taking off the jacket he wore and standing up from his seat. He walked over to Evie's side of the table and placed it around her, sitting beside her. Quickly, he began to shiver too.

"Now you're cold," Evie chuckled with a shaky breath.

"Ah, don't worry about me," he said quietly. "Sorry we had to do this so late."

"It's alright," Evie stated. "I'm enjoying it." She brought her body closer to his and she leaned her head on his right shoulder. Chad placed his arm around her, making sure to keep her warm. Neither one spoke for a while. They didn't have to, didn't want to. Just being in each other's presence was plenty. Soon enough, the sky became pitch black and a very dim light on the side of the yard lit up, giving some light. Evie sat up slightly and turned to see where the light had come from.

"Sorry we have to be out here," Chad apologized. "Visiting can't be done inside unless there's rain or snow."

"That's fine, I don't mind," Evie responded, gazing into Chad's golden-brown eyes. They smiled at each other, just staring at one another. Chad leaned in and their lips touched for a second. He then looked back at Evie and his eyes widened with mild fear.

"I am so sorry," he apologized sincerely, still shocked at his actions. He was about to continue speaking when their lips locked again, this time by Evie's influence. She pulled away after a moment.

"Don't apologize," Evie said to him quietly, a slight smile forming on her face. Chad smiled too, confused.

"Evie," Thomas called, opening the door to the prison. "It's pretty late. You should go back." Evie nodded and stood up, handing Chad back his jacket and stepped inside with the boy.

"Hold it, Chad," Thomas directed, leading Evie out into the lobby first before bringing him back to his cell. He was locked back inside, and Thomas left, hanging his hat on a hook and locking the prison up for the night.

"What the hell was that?" Uma asked once they were left alone.

"Mal's gonna kill yooouuuu," Harry piped up.

"She's dating the daughter of Maleficent," Uma added. "Do you have a death wish?"

"It wasn't all me, okay? Evie influenced the second one. It's both our faults," Chad defended.

"Right, but who do you think she's going to rip up more? Her girlfriend or the boy who was in charge of the clan that raped her?" Uma fired back.