Malvie - Part 2, Chapter 2

Silence filled the room as Mal spoke her request. It was a right in Auradon that anyone could request an execution of a prisoner if they had probable reasons. They had to present their case to the king and if the king found it acceptable, he'd give the command for execution. Fairy Godmother had gotten dozens of these requests over the years and none had ever been granted by King Adam, the Beast as he was known more well by. Fairy Godmother, by law, had to report it to King Ben and a hearing had to be scheduled.

"You really seem to know Auradon well," Fairy Godmother commented.

"Well being an ex-criminal, you gotta get used to what's allowed and what isn't," Mal said back. "Now if you'll excuse us, I believe you have something to report." Fairy Godmother gave Mal and irritated stare, despising the knowledge she had shown in those fifteen or so minutes. She casually left the room, going to do her duty.

"That... was incredible," Jay said, turning to Mal once the door was closed. He was astonished at her behavior.

"What can I say?" she replied, bringing Evie closer to her. "Love is important to me."

"And to me too," Jay noted, turning to Carlos.

v

"Mal's requested a 162930," Fairy Godmother told Ben in his office.

"Against who?" Ben asked, shocked.

"Romulus."

"Well there's plenty of reasons there," he stated. "Granted." His response seemed automatic, how quickly he allowed the request to be granted. It would be the first in history.

"Granted?" Fairy Godmother repeated as a question.

"That's what I said, isn't it?"

"Your Majesty, there hasn't ever been a grant."

"Well there has been now."

"I think you should relook at the case at least before coming to a final decision—"

"Granted," he said, louder and more commanding. "End of discussion. I'll expect you to report it to Mal immediately."

"Your Majesty, I strongly suggest you think longer about this decision. You're giving permission to have someone executed."

"What he did was wrong!" Ben yelled. "Not just wrong but callous and utterly unacceptable! Killing someone strictly based on who they love is immoral and unethical! Are you trying to persuade me otherwise?"

"Of course not, your Majesty. You are the king."

"Right I am, and my final decision is granted. But that's not all."

"What else is there?"

"You will undo the spell that was placed upon everyone."

"I beg your pardon?"

"I said you will undo the spell that was placed on everyone. Let everyone love freely."

"How could you allow such a thing?" Fairy Godmother asked, her voice becoming disappointing in the king. "Don't you want Mal back? She was your true love."

"But I was not hers," Ben stated. "You can't force someone to love you. I'll say it one more time: you will undo the spell that was placed on everyone. Understand?"

"Yes, sir. But I strongly advise against it."

"Report the grant to Mal and come back once you're finished. We'll revert the spell."

v

A familiar knock came to the girls' door.

"Go away," Mal said in a stern voice, cuddling Evie at the time.

"I have news," Fairy Godmother stated.

"I don't care."

"It's from Ben."

"There's only one word I want to hear right now."

"I have it."

"The word?"

"Yes."

"What is it?" Fairy Godmother paused before saying the word. It was her first time giving the news back to someone who had requested it. It pained her slightly to know the reason behind it was something she didn't support.

"Granted," she stated through the door. "Mal Bertha, your request has been granted."

"Thank you."

"I have more news. May I please come in?"

"Yes," Evie said before Mal was able to respond. Fairy Godmother opened the door slowly and stepped inside.

"Ben has ordered the spell to be lifted," Fairy Godmother explained.

"He's a good man," Mal stated. "I'm more unsure about you." They exchanged a look of hatred with one another before Fairy Godmother exited.

"Come on, M, really?" Evie said to her girlfriend.

"What?" Mal asked, defending herself.

"You don't think Fairy Godmother is a good person?"

"She's against us loving each other!"

"Don't try to pick a fight with someone who has the most powerful magical item in the world. She's lifting the spell, that's good."

"Because Ben ordered her to. You know she wouldn't if she didn't have to."

"Well, no matter how she acts, I still think you should be nice to her."

"What me to be nice to my dad too?" Mal sassed.

"Maybe it's time we head out," Jay suggested, grabbing Carlos and showing themselves the door. Fairy Godmother joined them.

"You're acting different from usual," Evie observed, resting on Mal's shoulder. "What's gotten into you?"

"Nothing," Mal mumbled.

"You think I haven't noticed? Come on, you know you can talk to me about anything. I love you." Mal sighed. She knew Evie would get it out of her eventually. May as well make it sooner rather than later and just get it over with.

"I always wondered who my dad was, and I've always been hoping to meet him. I was expecting someone kind of like my mom: wicked and mean. But he's straight up evil. He created Amare Artis. My own father! I just feel terrible knowing I'm connected to that. An organization that horribly changed your life," Mal explained, keeping her true reason still hidden.

"Mal, if we learned anything at all our first few months here, it's that we're not our parents. You aren't anything like him. I know you. Don't worry about being like him." She gave Mal a kiss on the cheek before nuzzling back in to her girlfriend's shoulder.

For her sake, her girlfriend's sake, and the guys' sake, Mal made sure to keep her true reason hidden. She didn't need Evie or anyone else worrying about her. The less they knew the better. That's what she kept telling herself other and over again. If she wanted to protect them, she'd keep quiet. Not a sentence, not even a sound. They could never know. They never should. They'd make too much a fuss about it. Everyone would.