Malvie - Part 2, Chapter 10

**This chapter contains death and attempted suicide**

"Uma, package!" a guard yelled from outside her door a few days later. She opened the door, seeing the guard holding a small brown box.

"Thank you," she said with a fake smile, taking the box from him and closing the door. Mal wasn't the only one who could slap on a smile and fool a kingdom. After being in Auradon for a month, everyone thought Uma had changed, that she was becoming good like all the other VKs. But, she was far from it. She had been plotting something big, something huge, and getting the package was her last step before executing her master plan.

She tossed the package onto her bed and grabbed a box cutter, slicing into the thin tape that held it together. She pushed away some packing peanuts, revealing the small, slick, black gun. It was just what she needed. Auradon had never been exposed to this weapon before and they weren't going to know what hit them. Of course, this weapon already had reservations with someone. Uma grabbed it, getting a feel for it in her right hand. Santiago had been nice enough to provide plenty of ammunition. The Isle could make some pretty damn dangerous weapons, but nothing compared to guns. Santiago was the only guy who sold them and could get a hold of them. They weren't made on the Isle, they'd be too easy to spot. He had his own supplier out in the world somewhere. But so long as she could get her hands on one, Uma didn't care where they came from.

The four VKs were walking in the main entrance of the school the next day after going to the movies. Little did they know what was about to go down. Uma walked down one of the stairways, the gun in her hand between her and the wall. She glanced over at the VKs, then at her gun. She took a deep breath, not wanting to call attention to herself before she got her chance. A guard was no longer needed to keep an eye on her. Ben had eased up on the security for her and Chad, noting their behavior changes and rewarding them for it. Up until Chad getting into a fist fight with another guy, he had been roaming around freely. He was put back in the prison for a few days as punishment. Uma hurried down the stairs, seeing the VKs about to leave the entrance. She rushed out in front of them, facing all four of them.

"Hi Uma," Carlos welcomed, trying to be polite. Mal and Evie stood off to the left, holding hands. While Carlos and Jay stood to the right, also holding hands. Uma didn't speak, standing in front of them in silence as others walked around near them. Uma held her gun up proudly, pointing it at the ceiling and shooting at it. The loud sound ricocheted throughout the building. Students, including the VKs, crippled down to the floor instinctively. Guards arrived in mere seconds after the blast, seeing Uma and running towards her. Uma shot at the ceiling again, then pointing it at them, warning them to stay back.

"What is that?" Carlos asked in a hushed voice.

"A gun," Mal told him, fear and shock in her voice. "I've never seen one used." Ben had hurried into the atrium as well, standing near the guards.

"Uma, what's going on?" he shouted. She pointed the gun at him.

"I'm finishing this," she yelled back.

"But Uma, you've changed."

"No! This is who I am! I can't change. You can try all you want to change me, but I can't!"

"Is it that you can't, or is it that you won't?" There was a pause, a moment of absolute silence in the midst of chaos.

"You don't know me!" she called back to him.

"I do, Uma. I do. I know you have potential—"

"Shut it Beastie Boy! I'm tired of hearing that! You're not the reason this is happening." Uma jumped over the railing and turned to Mal and her friends, pointing the gun at them now. "Stand up. All of you!" They did as they were told, fearing for their lives. She gestured towards Mal with the gun, telling her to step away from the others.