Malvie - Part 3, Chapter 8

The next day, Evie had a doctor's appointment for her annual physical. She went to the doctor's office and checked into her appointment before waiting in the waiting room. It seemed like it had been forever since she had been in a waiting room without panicking or worrying for someone's life.

"Evie," the nurse called. Evie stood up from her chair. "Hi I'm Amy. Right this way please." Evie followed the nurse into one of the examination rooms. She was asked all the normal questions like when's her birthday, how much sleep she gets every night, etc. But soon enough, the exciting questions came. How often she got her period, how long it lasted, if she had been abused, drunk, high, and the list went on.

"Have you been sexually active in the past six months?" the nurse asked, looking up from her clipboard.

"Yes," Evie answered, although it had only been one night. Last night. The nurse made a note on her clipboard.

"Okay, and what methods of birth control have you been using?"

"Birth control?" Evie repeated.

"Yes, like condoms, pills, or something similar."

"Oh, no, I haven't used birth control." The nurse quickly became slightly concerned.

"So, are you pregnant?"

"No, I'm not pregnant."

"How can you be sure?"

"I'm gay," Evie stated with a small chuckle.

"You're gay," the nurse repeated, staring at Evie as if she had said something incredibly shocking.

"Yes... I'm homosexual... I date women..."

"You said you were in high school right?"

"Yes."

"Didn't you take the anti-homosexual potion?"

"Technically, yes. But it was not a potion. It was spelled juice so like a spell in liquid form. All spells can be broken by a true love's kiss. I kissed my girlfriend and we both broke the spell."

"Oh, I see. Well, it's obligated that all high schoolers take the potion."

"I did."

"Correct, but the effects didn't last. So, by law we have to give it to you now for your own safety. And you're in luck! We just got a shipment of the upgraded version. No longer a spell, a full-on potion. After you drink it, the effects become permanent."

"An upgraded version?"

"Yes, Fairy Godmother created one in her lab a few months ago. I'll go get you a dose." The nurse walked out of the room to go get the potion. Evie immediately picked up her phone and called Mal.

"Evie?" Mal asked, answering her phone.

"Mal! I'm at the doctors and they're going to give me the upgraded anti-homo potion. Fairy Godmother made in the lab. It's real and it works. The effects become permanent after I drink it. But Mal, I can't. Please help!" Evie explained.

"Okay, okay, I'll be over shortly," Mal stated. "Stall." Mal hung up the phone and ran out of her room.

"Okay, Evie," the nurse said, walking back in just as Mal hung up. She carried a test tube with a thick, pink liquid in it.