Malvie - Part 2, Chapter 6

***This chapter contains mild sexual content AND mentions of self harm/suicide***

Evie's alarm blared at 7:00 AM sharp the next morning. She resisted the urge to ignore it, hopping out of bed as energetically as she could. She went into the bathroom, changing and doing her typical make up routine. Lonnie was already up, normally waking at no later than 5:30. She made sure to keep quiet though, allowing Evie to sleep at much as possible in the mornings since she was a night owl. Evie grabbed her bag and walked out the door. She turned to her left, seeing Mal had exited her room at the same moment. They made eye contact for less than a second before Mal quickly turned away, walking off to class with her head down.

Ironically, it didn't matter since both the girls had chemistry their first period. They sat down in their usual seats which, of course, were right next to one another. Each table sat two people. The classroom was set up where the desks, sitting two people each were arranged three by three, allowing for a total of 18 people. Jay and Carlos sat together next to them, taking note of the obvious tension that took place between the two girls as they did their best to ignore each other.

"Please take out your homework from last night and a pencil," the tall, older guy they had for a teacher announced. Everyone did as they were told, the only noise in the class now being the rustling of binder paper. Mal placed a pencil on the desk before taking out her work. Without looking, both girls reached for the pencil, Mal's hand over Evie's. They turned to look at their hands then at one another.

"Sorry, M—Mal," Evie quickly corrected. "Sorry..." Evie removed her hand from Mal's, keeping her eyes fixated on the purple haired girl. She could feel the tears forming in her eyes, so she quickly stood up from her seat.

"Excuse me, Mr. Lee," she said quietly, rushing out of the room to the bathroom. Evie hurried into the first bathroom stalls of the bathroom, luckily for her, all of them were empty. She put her face in her hands, balling as quietly as she could.

"Mal?" Mr. Lee called from the front of the class after Evie had been gone for nearly ten minutes. "Could you please check on Evie?" Mal hesitated, but did what she was told, not having much of a choice. She walked to the nearest bathroom and pushed the silver lever down, opening the heavy door. Only one of the stalls was occupied, so Mal assumed that was the one Evie was in.

"Evie?" Mal spoke. Up until that point, Evie hadn't known that Mal was the one who had entered.

"Evie, Mr. Lee wanted me to check on you. Is everything alright?"

"You know the answer to that, don't you?" the crying girl replied. Evie opened the bathroom stall door just slightly to look at Mal before walking out of it completely. She stood, looking down at the ground with her hands folded, not really knowing what else to do. Feeling sorry for the girl, Mal opened her arms out to her. Evie lifted her head slowly, staring at the open arms with slight confusion. Instinctively, she ran into Mal's arms, embracing the hug as much as she could. She knew it wouldn't last, Mal only doing this because she felt slightly guilty and not because of any feelings.

Evie worried that if she apologized or said anything, Mal might stop the hug all together, so she kept her mouth shut for the duration of the connection. Mal took a deep breath, also enjoying the hug just slightly. She had to admit, deep down she did miss Evie a little. But she wasn't in the mood to try and say something to Evie either, let alone take her back or anything close to that. Instead, she too embraced it. They hadn't touched each other in days and only God knew how long it would be until they did again.