Malvie - Part 1, Chapter 10

*Mentions of rape*

The kids decided to go to bed since it was nearly three in the morning. They knew little sleep was better than no sleep. Jay and Carlos slept in their old rooms while Chad was offered Evie's old room. Evie and Mal agreed to sleep together in Mal's room. She had the largest bed thanks to her mother being the leader of the group which could almost fit Evie and Mal comfortably. Mal knew, however, that she wouldn't be getting much sleep. She had been traumatized by Amare Artis and had even met her dad. She wouldn't have slept anyways even if she was able to. Evie was the most scared out of all of them and would have occasional panic attacks. Mal, of course, was always by her side and would stay by her side whenever necessary. A common position that the two had was Evie on Mal's right, crying into her neck and shoulder while Mal hugged her. It wasn't the most comfortable position for Mal, but Evie seemed to enjoy it the most, so she didn't mind.

"You're alright Evie," Mal whispered as she planted a soft kiss on Evie's forehead while Evie cried.

"Blake..." she cried. "Blake... please don't hurt me Blake..." Her voice was frail and weak as she talked. Mal placed a finger under Evie's chin and lifted her head.

"Evie open your eyes," Mal said in a calm voice. Evie shook her head as more tears flowed down her face. "Evie, it's me, Mal. You're safe." Evie opened her eyes slightly and saw the blurry image of her girlfriend. She knew it was her but mostly because of her touch.

"I'm sorry," Evie cried.

"No, don't be sorry. You're fine, it's alright. Can I kiss you?" Mal asked, wanting to make sure it was alright with Evie first. She didn't want to hurt Evie in any way, so she made sure to ask. Evie nodded, and the two girls locked lips for a second. Evie smiled slightly as Mal wiped tears from the girl's tender face.

Meanwhile in the boys' room, Jay and Carlos were just chilling in their beds, also unable to go to sleep at the time.

"Carlos," Jay spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Yeah?" Carlos responded.

"I... I just wanted to apologize for... kissing you so suddenly back there. I'm sorry. I just wanted to prove a point."

"No, man, you're fine. I was actually thinking of doing a similar thing." Carlos chuckled slightly.

"When we were talking to Romulus?"

"Not especially. Just in general."

"Kissing me?"

"Yeah... sorry if that's awkward or anything. You can just tell me to back off—"

"No, uh... I've kind of wanted to do that for a while." Jay blushed, embarrassed at what he had said.

"Um... excuse me for a second," Carlos said, standing up and walking to the girls' room. He knocked on their door.

"Come in," Mal said. Carlos stepped inside with a hand over his eyes.

"Is everyone descent?"

"Yes," Mal chuckled. Carlos took his hand off and saw the two girls sitting together in bed adorably. It seemed pretty obvious that Evie had been crying since her eyes were a little red and Mal's shirt was wet.

"Can I talk to Evie for a second? Or if this isn't a good time, we could talk later—"

"It's fine," Evie said, standing up from the bed.