Malvie - Part 2, Chapter 11

"You don't know who any of us are?" Carlos asked, becoming worried.

"No," Mal said quietly. "I don't even know who I am or where I am. What's happening? Why am I here? Who are you people!?" Mal began to panic.

"Calm down. You name is Mal and I'm Fairy Godmother. This is Evie, Jay, and Carlos."

"I've never seen you people before. Why am I in a hospital?"

"You shot yourself, but you're alright."

After lots of explaining to Mal, she began to kind of understand who she was and where she was. Fairy Godmother said it was unlikely that the memory loss was permanent and that it would probably just take some time for her to recover. In the meantime, they were supposed to try and act as normal around her as possible to rejog her memory.

"So, you're Evie, right?" Mal asked once they had gotten back to their dorms.

"Yes," Evie answered, holding back her tears.

"This room is pretty nice," Mal admired, looking around their bedroom.

"It's our room," Evie said, a tear hitting her cheek. Mal turned to Evie, seeing her begin to cry.

"Hey are you okay?" Mal asked, worrying about Evie.

"You don't remember us?" Evie asked with a shaky voice.

"What do you mean?" Evie lifted the small framed picture she had of the two of them kissing.

"I mean us." Mal took the picture from Evie and examined it, then looked back at her.

"This is us?"

"Yes... We were in love."

"I'm sorry I don't remember."

"You were the best thing to ever happen to me. You were kind and caring. Always helped me when I was down or having an episode. Never judged me for anything and constantly provided me with happiness and made my life worth living." More tears came down Evie's cheeks.

"The person you're describing sounds very wonderful."

"It's you!" she said forcefully, grabbing the picture and pointing to Mal.

"I'm sorry I don't remember," she repeated. Evie put her face in her hands, crying steadily now. Mal gave Evie a hug, not knowing exactly who she was, but feeling the human nature to comfort Evie.

"I'm lucky to be rooming with such a beautiful girl," Mal complimented her after the hug ended.

"You're more beautiful than anyone," Evie replied, going to try and take Mal's hands. But Mal pulled back.

"What are you doing?" Mal asked, confused.

"I just wanted to hold your hands."

"I don't... really know you."

"But I know you..."

"This is all a lot for me," Mal said, backing up more. "I barely know anything..." She plopped down on her bed, folding her hands and smiling.

"Tell me about you," she offered. Evie took a deep breath, sitting down next to Mal.

"Um... my real name is Genevieve—"