Malvie - Part 3, Chapter 3

About a month had passed since Mal had left Auradon. She had been studying with Fairy Godmother every weekday, just like school, and had weekends off. She spent almost all her free time talking to Evie and telling her about the amazing things she was learning at the lab. Evie would have breakdowns every so often when she really missed Mal. Sometimes she'd call Mal but if Mal wasn't available, she'd to go Jay and Carlos. Not once had they not comforted her or allowed her into their presence. She was proud of herself for not thinking about taking her own life, as were the rest of her friends, especially Mal.

Mal had only had a few breakdowns, nearly all of them because of dreams or nightmares. Every time she went to Fairy Godmother who always acted like a mother to her. Never in Mal's life had she been exposed to such love and affection from an adult woman. She and Fairy Godmother ate dinner together almost every night as well, enjoying each other's company and really getting to know each other. Mal looked up to the woman who used to despise her, thankful she had changed her views. She felt a true connection and bond. A very particular kind of bond. A mother daughter kind of bond.

One evening as the two were eating dinner, Fairy Godmother surprised Mal with a sort of gift.

"I have some good news for you," Fairy Godmother said to Mal with a smile.

"And what might that be?" Mal asked before taking another bite of her pancake.

"I'm sending you home."

"Home?" Mal repeated, surprised. "But my studies—"

"Not forever. For the weekend. You'll comeback Sunday night. You'll leave tomorrow, Friday. No studies tomorrow. Go home and see Evie." Mal's face beamed with joy, excited to go home for a few days.

"Thank you!" she said in a bubbly tone. "I can't wait to surprise her."

"I know you and she talk every day, so I thought I might send you home for a little while."

"Yes, thank you so much!"

v

Mal didn't even bother packing, knowing she had all the stuff she needed back at home already. She raced out to the limo as soon as it pulled up to the front of the hotel, not being able to wait another second. She gave Fairy Godmother a hug before hopping in and speeding off to Auradon.

"Pedal to the metal," she told the driver. "The love of my life waits at the end of this journey." The man behind the wheel chuckled.

"I'll do my best but if we get a ticket, you'll be paying for it," he replied with a smile. "Who's the lucky guy?"

"Girl, actually," Mal corrected. "Her name is Evie."

"You like girls?"

"Both."

"Like that Panic! at the Disco song." He started singing. "Girls love girls and boys!"

"Yeah that's the one," Mal laughed.

"Well, I'll try to get you home as soon as possible so you can see her."

"Thank you, I truly appreciate it."

About nine and a half hours later, Mal arrived back at Auradon. She had texted the guys that she'd be coming and asked them not to tell Evie, so she could surprise her. It was seven o'clock, so Evie would have just finished her dinner with the guys. Mal crept through the halls, careful not to make a sound or say a word so Evie wouldn't find out she was there. Mal approached her bedroom door, tiptoeing so Evie wouldn't be able to hear. She took a deep breath, thinking about how to surprise her. She knocked on the door.